Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #1

Northern Rock

Everyone OK with the Northern Rock situation?
I was a bit alarmed to hear 'an expert' on the radio this morning talking of two other banks in similar difficulties! Eek
All because of greed/stupidity in the US? - or do we deserve a share of the responsibility for the 'Credit Crunch' too? (and why do we have to have a silly catch-phrase for horrible things? The worst is 'Happy-Slapping' - Oh no it's not )

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #2

Re: Northern Rock

I don't think I'd even heard of Northern Rock until all this started!! I hope no one is affected. What are the other two banks mentioned DM?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #3

Does seem slightly concerning. A lot of people I imagine will feel the crunch now. But one wonders in some cases if they should have had/been given the amount of debt they have.

And credit card companies now appear to be "withdrawing" their product/services from people who pay their balances in full every month - I assume as they do not make any money for the company.

I imagine their are a few banks on the touchline waivering between life and death,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
18-02-2008, 12:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
I don't think I'd even heard of Northern Rock until all this started!! I hope no one is affected. What are the other two banks mentioned DM?
person being interviewed said 'two' and when pressed by the interviewer said London and Scottish, which he agreed was a small bank but didn't name the second.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
18-02-2008, 01:02 PM   #5

Time to stick a cardboard box under the bed I think lol.