Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #1

Daily thread - Sunday

Good morning! Another bright and chilly one. Think it's 0 degrees, but no frost that I can see.
I am going to have an exciting day doing a good ole clean. Happened to be wearing a pair of very weak reading specs as I was pootering about doing nothing very exciting but because they are so weak I can actually move whilst they're on and not feel nauseous. As I went around I was able to see just how much in the way of bits and specks of dirt and dust there are Eek!
Now feel very and am making with the duster/Dyson/damp cloth.
Speak later. Have a good day - hope yours is more exciting than mine!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
17-12-2006, 11:08 AM   #2

Re: Daily thread - Sunday

Morning all, Had a bad night, just couldn't sleep....So ended up reading till the early hours..
Its beautiful here this morning, sun is out and not too cold....Going to a car boot sale later with me son, goodness knows why, have enough junk in my attic as it is...
Have a lovely day all...........

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-12-2006, 11:32 AM   #3

Beautiful, crisp and bright here. Sebastian is under the weather and calpol'd up to the eyeballs. Dominik is sniffling and coughing We were going to go to the 'Frost Fair' on the South Bank but with both boys a bit unwell thought that schlepping all the way into London wouldn't be in their best interest.

So will be pottering around here instead - might pop down to Carluccios for a lunchtime nibble and drinkie (they have kids' entertainers there Sunday lunchtimes). But at home, the fire is alight, the Christmas-scented oil is burning in the light bulb rings the tree is sparkling and I am feeling most seasonal

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #4

Afternoon all, dry but crisp day here. Have been doing some tidying round and finishing the last of my Christmas cards off. Porsha is having another 'off' day so have to keep stopping for a ktty cuddle

Hope everyone is enjoying their day

Yola - I hope that the boys will soon be feeling better x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2006, 02:06 PM   #5

Crisp is the best description of the day here lovely but crisp.
Well up and about, fought my way across the hall floor to the letterbox picked up the christmas cards - I can only figure the neighbours are queing up to post them put them up.
Fetched the papers, took the girls with me came back decided they needed a bath before Christmas - the build up of "rolling" material they find at the moment has increased 10 fold the weather is cold but no wind therefore perfect dog washing day (well for winter) bathed them, given them a lovely rub down and a warm dish of tea each now they are diving round the garden trying to kill a football (whose life expectancy is short) while I've tied back the tall branches of the climbing roses, putting them where want them and trimmed it a bit.
Come in now and going to have a shower then off to take Mom to a carol service at the home my Uncle Arnie is in now - very nice.
Then back to a lunch or roast beef.

The sensible member of the family Cleo watched the fun and games from the warmth of the window sill inside looking out.

Have a great day all Merry Christmas 8 days to go.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
17-12-2006, 06:01 PM   #6

YolaI hope the boys are a bit better now.

Moli kick back and rest.

Well my day is so far.......Woke up this morning and didn't have a clue where I was Then remembered my step daughter looked after Ceilidh last night and we were in her bed All three of us Ceilidh, Derek and me .

Went into town to collect Derek's car then came back to my Mums to get Ceilidh ready for her party. She's as high as a kyte at the moment after meeting Santa

I'm going to chat away to my good friends on catsey for the rest of the evening

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-12-2006, 08:16 PM   #7

Thank you - Dominik seems better, but Sebastian isn't right, crying a lot and sleeping a lot. Some more calpol and another early night for him to help him get over it. no temperature though which is reassuring. If this continues I'll be down the doctors again.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-12-2006, 10:04 PM   #8

DM: that's why I hate to wear my distance glasses indoors, I can see the dust and stuff so much more clearly.... Yola: hope Seb's better soon! Still unseasonably mild, 60F...we will pay dearly for this later in the season! To the market, home to lunch and the Sunday papers and crossword. Almost finished wrapping, only two more to go, but they're big ungainly ones to wrap so have procrastinated.......Onyx there for both meals, still dreadfully shy Have a nice evening, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #9

DM maybe the summer will bring an improvement when you can spend a little more time with her outside sitting talking. there again she may just be happy with her life.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #10

Oh, I'm talking my head off to her right now: tell her what a gorgeous shiny coat she has, and such beautiful eyes and long black whiskers, and just generally make over her in a nice soothing voice, and keep repeating her name ...we shall see ...