Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
26-06-2014, 07:53 AM   #1

Think it's Thursday

It feels like a Friday today, don't know why?

I was convinced when I got up that Ceri had stroke club and that we weekend was imminent, strange that. I think it's because I went out with my friend Debbie last night and I rarely go out on a Wednesday. We met up to organise a 25 year reunion of our midwifery training set. I had a lovely time remembering who was who. Unlike my nurse training mates, the 'midders' didn't live together in nurses' home, many of us had families and worked in different hospitals, I had forgotten many names. Will be great if we can reunite though, so I'm on a hunt for people I know got jobs in my area.

So, I checked my calendar for today and I have the Sky engineer calling, a visit from Social Services, trousers to collect from the tailors who shortens them for me and dental appointments to arrange- all go!

P&P are both back in having breakfast, time for my shower now and then sort Ceri out. See you later- kept my promise, I posted first,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
26-06-2014, 08:35 AM   #2

Re: Think it's Thursday

Morning posh and those to follow. Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you!

Working today then home to do training with barney. Nothing really exciting to post! Quite tired today as I woke up early due to the migraine I had yesterday got really painful during the night. Feeling better now though.

Have a good day everyone and chin tickles to all fur babies

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #3

Morning PP, Pamela. It's cloudy here today and a lot cooler, no rain yet. OH has gone off to play golf, the dogs are stretched out asleep in the lounge and the cats are chilling out on our bed but not yet asleep. I am going to make myself a coffee and then go and try out painting with acrylic ink (instead of just sploshing it about!) in the scriptorium. Still working on Oberon!

PP - you are true to your promise of an early post and it sounds as if you do have a busy day ahead. Hope all goes well. Hopefully your Friday - tomorrow - may be more relaxed?

Pamela, glad you are feeling a bit better. Hope your training with Barney goes well later. I expect you are seeing the benefit of all your work with him? Do you think he's a happier dog for it?

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
26-06-2014, 11:28 AM   #4

Feeling a lot brighter today but still not quite 100%.

I have booked myself a 1/2 day off as I have not only a GARY NUMAN gig to go to tonight, I have bought a VIP meet and greet ticket so I get to go to the venue for 4pm to meet the man, have photos taken, get stuff signed (not so sure about that as I'm not hugely into autographs), and watch the sound check.

Am I excited??? Oh yes

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #5

Good morning Posh Puss, Pamela and all to follow.Posh Puss, how great it will be to see many of your fellow nurses from training days. I hope you can track most of them down.Sounds as if you are going to have a busy day. Glad your head feels a bit better today, Pamela. .Hope you don't have to work too hard today.

It's Thursday evening here. I only worked the morning today as I look after my 3 grandchildren every Thursday afternoon while my eldest daughter works.

All cats have now been fed and I'm off to bed with my book.Snodgrass is waiting for me.

Hope everyone has a great Thursday.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
26-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #6

Hi to you also, angieh and Yola.Have a great date with Oberon,angieh.Hopefully it won't rain for you. Yola, glad you are feeling a bit better.Enjoy Gary Numan. Yes, you must be excited.

Off to bed now.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
26-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #7

evening all.
Busy morning at work today, another morning tomorrow and then weekend, yaaaay.
Looking into options re Kwames behaviour at the moment, he is such a little love but is very difficult to handle. Looking into behaviourists, calming treatments, food changes etc. The more you learn the harder pet ownership is.
In answer to your question Angie, i got mostly non fiction yesterday and will reccomend when i have read them if worth it. Presently i am reading a fiction called Above all things by Tanis Rideout, it's about the relationship between George Mallory and his wife, for some reason i enjoy mountaineering books.
Pamela, hope Barney got on ok at the vets, i hate taking ours and wake with a bad feeling on the day we have to go.
Yola, enjoy Gary Numan i really like him, maybe you could share pics on here, hint, hint,lol
Nette, your reunion sounds wonderful
dinky your daughter is lucky you can look after the children, bet you enjoy it too
Anyone heard from Karen (Kazz) ?