Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-06-2014, 10:49 AM   #1

Mid-Summer's Day

Morning all, Happy Mid-Summer's Day to everyone. Special fairy cuddles to all Catsey cats and dogs today from me. How appropriate that I am working on Oberon's speech "I know a bank whereon the wild thyme blows ...." for my lotus book.

Dogs have finally flaked out after having been out with their daddy, come home, had some wild chasing about and now that will be it until later this afternoon. Where do they get the energy? Kizzy is on our bed (which I haven't made because Kizzy is on it!) and Pip, I think is out.

Have picked raspberries this morning to go with my breakfast cereal and now I must go and water the greenhouse. OH is off playing golf today and ....... he's wearing his SHORTS!!!!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-06-2014, 11:16 AM   #2

Re: Mid-Summer's Day

Hi Angie, it's glorious today isn't it and nice to have a summer's day on Midsummer's day

I was up with the cats quite early, 6:45 not an unforgivable 5am as previously! So I set about doing the necessary and then showered and went shopping. Left Ceri in his dressing gown listening to the radio, sorted him out after I got back at 10:00. Felt that I've been more productive because of it, got some CD sorting on the go, I really don't need all these now, so cutting back on the multiples of mostly 60's compilation albums - don't know how we collected so many??

Good luck to your OH in his shorts on the golf course, hope there's not too many midges about! We have had a small crop of strawberries from our hanging basket which I put with greek fat free yoghurt and enjoyed

Your lotus book sound like it's going to be special, all fairy-like and ethereal. Looking forward to seeing it.

Hope all our furry charges are good, my two are sunbathing, Pearl not so much, her dense coat makes her too hot.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-06-2014, 12:15 PM   #3

Hello Angie and PP, it WAS a lovely day here and I went for an early run. I have a root canal filling booked this afternoon and suspect I may not feel like running afterwards. The forecast is also for rain later. We had two impressive storms yesterday!

I love that Oberon speech- the Globe on Tour bought a travelling production of Midsummer Night's Dream to one of the college gardens a few years ago and I took my niece along- it was truly magical!

I know what you mean about CDs PP, I do download music now but still like to physically own CDs!

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2014, 12:34 PM   #4

I am still buying CDs! Mainly to replace beloved vinyl ....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-06-2014, 01:19 PM   #5

Good afternoon from a hot West Berkshire. We have the air conditioning on in the office as it's rather warm out!

My cats certainly aren't happy campers in the heat; lots of flopping around on cold floors. I, on the other hand, love it!

My OH never wears shorts. Maybe, when it's really REALLY hot he might wear them by the pool on holiday, but as soon as we need to go anywhere, the trousers come back on

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
24-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #6

Ow, back from the dentist. How come I don't get a smiley face sticker?

Catsey Veteran

24-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #7

You can have a row from me for being brave, cs and another for luck

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2014, 05:31 PM   #8

evening all.
CS, glad you are ok after the dentist.
Angie, your book sounds good
Nette, you were up early
Yola, it's very hot and sticky here too
Been car booting this morning and done a bit of shopping
Off to yoga soon

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
24-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #9

Evening everyone. Heading home from work just. Visiting Stevens nana tonight then home to the chicken which has been in the slow cooker all day. Not been around alot just now as our nights are taken up with training we have been given as homework for barney and it seems to be working.

Hope everyone has a lovely night

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
24-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #10

Just done another longish post with lots of sympathy to CS and tried to post it to find I was offline - again. Using OH's laptop now, resisted putting mine outside via the window. Will take it to PC World to see if they can do something with it, it's driving me mad.