Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #1

Hot Monday!

It's another gloriously sunny day here today. Hope everyone is enjoying sun today?

We went to the dog show yesterday, luckily earlier on there was some cloud cover but as the time wore on, it got hotter and hotter and we came home after a couple of hours, but it was a nice time. A very dog event oriented show, loads for folk to do with their dogs, which was nice to see. Hardly any stalls, doggy things to buy though. We only bought some raffle tickets for Canine Partners and a couple of ice creams! Dora had her very first ice cream (thanks to the ice cream lady who gave her a cone free!) which Dora did share with Monty. It was very nice ice cream too!

Today my new FW acrylic inks have arrived so I am going to make some more decorative papers this afternoon. I have done some vacuuming in the scriptorium and got rid of all the dead flies (where DO they come from?) so they won't be sticking to the paper!!!

Hope everyone is fine, along with our furry friends of course who must be sweltering ...... Pip is here in the study which is the shadiest room in the house, so he is being a sensible boy. Not sure where Kizzy is .......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #2

Re: Hot Monday!

Hi Angie and everyone looking in

It's been a warm and cloudy one here this morning, very still and a few grey clouds that tried to squeeze out a few drops but it didn't last.

I know what you mean about the flies, thankfully my chief flycatcher has been vigilant and batting and eating the intruders and word has got around, thanks Pearl. I've had to keep the doors open due to the heat and unfortunately a tom cat got in and my conservatory stinks now

Glad the dog show went well lucky Dora to share her ice-cream with Monty, bet she loved that!

More washing on the line, making hay etc!

see you later x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
23-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #3

Good morning angieh, Posh Puss and all to follow.Sounds as if you enjoyed the dog show yesterday angieh, even though it was a bit hot. That ice cream must have been good.Enjoy your time in the scriptorium later. Posh Puss, what a shame about that tom cat - the smell is hard to get rid of.Sounds as if you have a great day there for the washing.

Finished work today at 4pm and came home to do a bit of de-cluttering of the house. Got as far as the couch and the cryptic crossword in the newspaper and that was it. I'm going to have to get myself into de-cluttering mode as we have to leave this house in August/September.

Have a great Monday everyone.Love to all Catsey cats and hope Inky is behaving himself, Fecto's Mum.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
23-06-2014, 04:18 PM   #4

Hello all,
Well it WAS hot here until the thunderstorm cooled things down a little. I swear there was a hailstorm but am not sure that is possible in June? Tolly was not impressed and decided to move underneath the table.

I'm glad you enjoyed the dog show Angie and hope you are enjoying your new inks. Hoe that the storm didn't get as far as you PP or your washing will have had an extra rinse. Hopefully your de-cluttering got somewhere Dinky- crosswords are great distractions though! My OH has started trying Sudoku but they don't really appeal.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
23-06-2014, 11:01 PM   #5

Evening folks. Got to the end of a reasonably long post to find I'd gone offline! Grrr. Hate it when that happens.