Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
22-06-2014, 10:48 AM   #1

Cooler Sunday

Morning catsey folk. Its cooler here this morning which made for a lovely walk earlier. Not sure what the plans are for today but probably outside more today as the pollen count seems to be lower which has meant I can wear my contacts for the first time in a week!! Barney says thanks for the well wishes and to let you know he is being reasonably good when getting his drops in his ears!!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #2

Re: Cooler Sunday

Morning Pamela and all to follow. I will let Fagin know that he doesn't have to be such a wuss when he's having his ears done and that Barney is very brave.

Gorgeous day here. Don't even have any washing to do, done it all. Could wash some coats I suppose. I even did all the ironing yesterday. OH is off to read the last of his new Wilbur Smith book in the sun shortly. England seem to be doing well at the cricket. Much better than the football. Wonder if the fact that the cricketers are on a fraction of the money the footballers are is anything to do with it.

Inky still hasn't been outside since his return. Fecto is heading for a bath today. He's extremely grubby! Swirly is sat in the front room windowsill at the moment swishing his 'best feature', (his tail) while Scout is watching it mesmerised!

Will be sitting in the sun myself soon after a quick swizz round with the hoover. Have a lovely Sunday peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-06-2014, 11:35 AM   #3

Morning Pamela and FM - it's a scorcher here but there is a breeze. We will be going to a dog show in a little while, may not stay too long if the dogs get too hot but it's being organised in aid of Canine Partners, so it's worth supporting. Might be some doggy delights to be bought and I'll be looking out for cooling mats.

Until later, peeps!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
22-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #4

Good morning Pamela, Fecto's mum, angieh, and all to follow. Pamela ,glad Barney's ears are a bit better. Poor boy, ,having to have drops put in, but at least he's brave about it. Fecto's mum, WHAT........no washing to do?Well then, you enjoy your time in the sun. Do you bath Fecto yourself? I take Snodgrass to a cat groomer every 3 months for a bath and groom.I don't think he'd let me bath him. Your Fecto must be a laid back dude. Angieh, have fun at the dog show and try and keep cool. Hope you find your cooling mats. Willow uses hers day and night in the summer and they are great.

Hope everyone has a long, lazy Sunday and enjoys the better weather.It's been chilly here today but we have had no quakes. Had 6 yesterday, and the cats were very unsettled. Dickens, who is deaf, is terribly affected by them, probably because he feels the ground moving all the time through his paws. He cried pathetically all day yesterday and wouldn't eat anything. He's been fine today.

I'm off to have a nice hot shower then bed. Got an early start at work tomorrow.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
22-06-2014, 04:54 PM   #5

Good afternoon all! It's cooler now but was warm and sticky this morning, I didn't sleep well.

We had a busy day yesterday, the family gathered for the Wales V South Africa rugby game and we were all gutted to lose by just 1 point at the end. We had a BBQ straight after and drunk a few bevies to take the sting off the result!

The evening was lovely and we stayed outside until sunset, being the longest day this was at 10.20 pm, then we had to clean up the place and retire.

Glad all our fur babes are present and correct Inky has learned his lesson! My two are chilling on the windowsill and the drive at the moment, Ceri is also sleeping in front of the telly. I'm catching up on paperwork and emails.

Have a lovely evening, relax and enjoy the fresh air. x

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
22-06-2014, 08:01 PM   #6

Dinky, I'm afraid Fecto would freak out being taken to a groomers. OH does him in the bath. He doesn't really like it but he only wails, he doesn't struggle. He always looks so handsome when he's clean and dry and it gets rid of a lot of loose fur when I groom after.

Flea fogged our bedroom today, still waging war on the little sods. Got some more spray and spot on coming from off the internet. Acclaim and Advantage as recommended by you chaps.