Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
21-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #1

Overcast but warm Saturday

Morning everyone. Its a bit overcast here but still warm. Think we are having a relaxing day as barney was at the vet today as he has been shaking his head and scratching his ear quite a bit. So he had eardrops and was given an injection as it was sore for him when he was getting his ears checked.

Hope everyone has a lovely day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2014, 11:56 AM   #2

Re: Overcast but warm Saturday

hello Pamela and all to follow, on the cusp of morning and afternoon.
Sorry not been around much due to life,lol.
Hope Barney's ears are better soon.
I've been out car booting this morning and come back with a vintage doll, bear, wind chimes and some plants.
Plant wise i've bought Chinese lanterns and two thymes.
Kwame is been driven mad every evening by the sight of a neighbours cat coming to get his fix in our garden, i have cat nip growing. He goes nuts at the window.
Hope everyone is ok and enjoying the lovely weather if you have got it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-06-2014, 01:28 PM   #3

Hi Pamela and Shelley and others to come along later. Sorry to hear about Barney's ear, Pamela. Hope it heals up quickly, you have been quick to get it seen to so hopefully it will stop causing him problems soon.

Absolutely glorious day here and hot. The dogs keep wandering outside and then coming back indoors to cool down and then repeating it. Must be exhausting, they'll collapse and sleep soon. OH has gone for a golf lesson.

I am trying things out in the scriptorium! I've ordered loads more FW acrylic ink (buy 2 get 3rd free, how could I resist?). I'm waiting for my dancing rabbits to be completely dry before doing any more on that, only inked them this morning and so now I'm thinking about the cover for my lotus book, a picture of Oberon. I know how I want it to look, but will it work out??? Keeps me out of mischief!

Have fun folks, enjoy your Saturday.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
21-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #4

Getting warmer here. Hope Barney's ears are ok. Fagin is a big wimp when it comes to his ears.

Inky came for a snudge on my knee last night, even snudged OH this morning!!. Dogs out now then back to listen to the cricket while doing some ironing. Love listening to Blowers, Aggers, Tuffers and of course Geoffrey, play Boycott Bingo!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
21-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #5

Well good afternoon everyone

My Aunt has accepted the extra care housing - I am over the moon just her moving to organise now I am going to attempt to round up the calvary in terms of cousins etc to help her move have a feeling could just be me and my cousins wife but hohum lot of opinions but no action or assistance.
Lovely day here came home and now in the garden Bella has retreated to the house where it is cooler even though I have brought her a new Kong and a Nylabone flavoured with Bacon apparently. Also picked up a couple of rice bones. Debated about getting her either a Bull horn or antler bones but decided against them.

Pamela "ouch" to Barney Sal suffered with her one ear and it was obviously painful never found a solution, just managed it you could feel it going wrong when it was warm to the touch.
Angie I think Bella is with your dog on the too hot thing oh the days when I had a cat who sat and soaked up the sun. I also brought Bella one of these http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pe...stant-cool-pad
as she suffers with her breathing in the warm weather due to the scars deep on/in her neck and chest I think they affect her breathing as he almost gasps when her head in forward she prefers to lie on her back and breathes easier or even sitting with her back against some thing, will see if this helps her.
fecto's mum you will here on In be known to me as fm because I keep going to spell Mum the Birmingham way which is Mom hope you do not mind glad you have a wanderer returned and enjoy your day. I like listeing to cricket too I find it relaxing.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-06-2014, 11:10 PM   #6

Kazz, I was interested in Bella's cool pad. My Willow has a chill out mat -they are made in any size to fit the breed of dog. It's made from a special fabric that you wet , wring and it stays cool for at least 8 hours. It's not at all wet to the touch, and does not wet the dog at all. and doesn't smell, go moldy etc. Lasts indefinitely. I use it in the car all the time. Is your cooling pad a similar thing?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
22-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #7

Funny, I said to OH yesterday (Saturday) should we get the dogs a couple of cooling mats. The P@H one would be fine for Monty but too small for Dora. I'll keep looking, think it's a very nice idea.