Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
20-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #1

Friday- funny old game!

Ah well, seems England are out of the World cup I didn't watch the game as I had a busy day and was catching up on phone calls and housework until late.

Yesterday was not so good all round really. Ceri had an appointment with his consultant and that didn't bring much joy. The results of his recent CT scan were in. Seems he's had more 'silent' strokes since the major 4 years ago. There are more areas of ischaemic damage on the right and left lobes, and some changes to the white matter indicating deterioration to small blood vessels. He's changed his meds again but no change to the prognosis. I have to just come to terms with his condition. Vascular cognitive impairment, with step-down progression to further dementia in time. Upsetting as it is, we know what we are dealing with and are going to put things in place to protect us both. I need to see a solicitor about getting power of attorney and contact social services (again!) re. day care and respite. They weren't very helpful last time, but things may have changed.

Back to happier stuff- the weather is fine and dandy, going to have a BBq after the Wales South Africa rugby game tomorrow, I'm going to have a few glasses of vino and say s*d the world!

Both my fur babes are quiet and full of food right now, so I'm off to have a shower and get dressed. Laters peeps! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
20-06-2014, 08:54 AM   #2

Re: Friday- funny old game!

Morning PP - I'm sorry to hear about Ceri's deteriorating condition. You are probably better prepared than most to understand his needs, but that doesn't make it any easier for either of you to deal with. (HUGS)

A gloomy day here weather-wise. Not sure whether to hang my washing out again - it didn't quite dry yesterday, or bung it in the tumbler.

My hip is playing up today and OH's "other knee", the one that doesn't generally hurt is giving him gip. He's gone off with the dogs saying he'll be OK, I said take a walking stick, but he won't will he?

Gardening man here soon, so I must go and get the kettle on for him!

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
20-06-2014, 11:47 AM   #3

Oh Nette. That is rubbish news. I hope it's a goodly while before Ceri's condition starts to get much worse, but I agree being prepared takes some of the sting out of this particularly nasty tail. Hugs girl x

Today I'm in a bit of a mess, my website is down; not just down but something has broken and our hosting company can't seem to find out what's wrong. My techie friend is bandying around phrases such as 'rebuild content' and I am panicking!

I shall go and watch Sebi's sports day this afternoon; it's his final pre-prep one as in September he moves up to 'main school' so his baby days will be gone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
20-06-2014, 11:42 PM   #4

P.P Oh my Lord what sad news. Never heard of silent strokes although I admit I am on a learning curve and fast regarding strokes. My consultant appointment is 11th July. Agghhh panic but think all will be good.
I hope everything works out with Ceri PP sure it will but sad news. I hope social services are more use this time round. Please enjoy your BBQ I will root for Wales.
Angie you and hubby need to be put in a bag a shook up
Yola he can't be moving up to big school he was only a toddler yesterday starting school - tell him to stop growing up. Hope your website issue is resolved without rebuilding.

News here is actually good - I have a consultant appointment on 1th July and think it will go well I feel much more like myself although I am still a bit confuse with a few words and sentences when speaking although still a lot more tired than I would like. But a lot better than a lot of people in my situation.
Fantastic news my Aut has been offered a place in extra care housing going to see the flat tomorrow and she can move in by the 30th June if she likes it. I just need to get a shifty on and sort it.
Then we can all breath a sigh of relief. Had a lovely dinner of roast lamb and new potatoes today scrumptious saved the remaining potatoes for a salad tomorrow.
Oh yes brought a new printer as well as mine died a death this is a basic (UNDER £30)but very good printing very clear its also 3 in 1 an a HP 1510
Great weather here and looking forward to starting my new books this weekend too.