Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
17-06-2014, 08:53 AM   #1

Tired Tuesday

Morning all,
It's tired Tuesday here because of the dawn chorus of rooks, crows and jackdaws at 4:30 AM- corvids are NOISY!

Busy few days here at CS towers. I was in London on Friday to do an evaluation workshop with children before they take part in an engineering project. I need to understand what they currently think and understand about engineering before they take part in the project so I can see how their views have changed. They were a lovely bunch of 11 year olds so that was fun and a relief to find that I can still stand up in front of a class and engage a group of children!

The weekend disappeared somewhere- gardening and cleaning ate it up.

Smudge gave me a fright yesterday- she disappeared for ages then came in to finish her breakfast later than usual. I went downstairs a bit later and she was wandering around in a confused way sniffing at everything. She then twice misjudged a gap in OHs room and got tangled up in wires. Given that we have just increased her dose of insulin I was convinced she was going into a hypo and the vet agreed to see her straight away. There was nothing wrong! Her blood sugar was OK- still a little high if anything, and she had no temperature. She was a little subdued for the rest of the day but is absolutely fine today. No idea what that was about but I'm glad to be at home this week so I can keep an eye on her.
Hope all are well, still sending those 'come home' Inky vibes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-06-2014, 11:12 AM   #2

Re: Tired Tuesday

Morning CS - I guess the corvids all have youngsters that all want to put in their tuppence-worth! Well done with the teaching, sounds like that's something you will enjoy.

Sorry to hear about Smudge. I would be concerned - I don't want to be alarmist but we were told in relation to OH's mum that there are links with certain forms of insulin and dementia. No idea if the same goes for other animals and where cat insulin comes from. I think pig insulin was considered a risk. Hope Smudge has recovered her composure.

I am dog sitting today as OH has gone off to golf and I have transcription work to get on with.

Still sending vibes for Inky to return home.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #3

Good morning CS and Angie and everyone else looking in
It's a beautiful day here in the Valleys, my washing line is full again. The front and back doors are open wide allowing a lovely through draught to freshen up the bungalow.

Hope Inky appears soon, I'm getting a tad concerned now that he may be stuck in somewhere Smudge's behaviour certainly sounds odd CS, but as she's no cause to be ill then it may have been just 'a funny turn' - hope it was a one-off.

Good luck with the transcription work today, hope the dogs are behaving, Angie. I must say that I would be struggling to exercise the little grey cells today as, like CS I had an early call, not birds but Pearla wanting to wrestle my feet and then decide to knock my jewellery stand all over the floor! hummm, not funny!

Going to make a quick lunch today as off to Barnado's later for my 3 hour 'shift'. Have a great day all xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-06-2014, 05:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cats' staff
Morning all,
It's tired Tuesday here because of the dawn chorus of rooks, crows and jackdaws at 4:30 AM- corvids are NOISY!

Busy few days here at CS towers. I was in London on Friday to do an evaluation workshop with children before they take part in an engineering project. I need to understand what they currently think and understand about engineering before they take part in the project so I can see how their views have changed. They were a lovely bunch of 11 year olds so that was fun and a relief to find that I can still stand up in front of a class and engage a group of children!

The weekend disappeared somewhere- gardening and cleaning ate it up.

Smudge gave me a fright yesterday- she disappeared for ages then came in to finish her breakfast later than usual. I went downstairs a bit later and she was wandering around in a confused way sniffing at everything. She then twice misjudged a gap in OHs room and got tangled up in wires. Given that we have just increased her dose of insulin I was convinced she was going into a hypo and the vet agreed to see her straight away. There was nothing wrong! Her blood sugar was OK- still a little high if anything, and she had no temperature. She was a little subdued for the rest of the day but is absolutely fine today. No idea what that was about but I'm glad to be at home this week so I can keep an eye on her.
Hope all are well, still sending those 'come home' Inky vibes.
C.S. Well done that woman
sounds like you had a great time with the 11 year olds. How is the project working do you monitor them along the way with quiz's/exams or just general observation.

I wonder if the weather or too much cat nip ad affected Smudge sounds weird though - but good that you got it checked out.

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 05:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Morning CS - I guess the corvids all have youngsters that all want to put in their tuppence-worth! Well done with the teaching, sounds like that's something you will enjoy.

Sorry to hear about Smudge. I would be concerned - I don't want to be alarmist but we were told in relation to OH's mum that there are links with certain forms of insulin and dementia. No idea if the same goes for other animals and where cat insulin comes from. I think pig insulin was considered a risk. Hope Smudge has recovered her composure.

I am dog sitting today as OH has gone off to golf and I have transcription work to get on with.

Still sending vibes for Inky to return home.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Hiya Angie, Hope the dog sitting went well, I am reading a new book The Death Of Kings by Bernard Cornwell I am enjoying it and will look for more books by him I think the names and name places he uses are "confusing me however I have decided I do not care where the places are and that has removed that worry for me.

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshPuss
Good morning CS and Angie and everyone else looking in
It's a beautiful day here in the Valleys, my washing line is full again. The front and back doors are open wide allowing a lovely through draught to freshen up the bungalow.

Hope Inky appears soon, I'm getting a tad concerned now that he may be stuck in somewhere Smudge's behaviour certainly sounds odd CS, but as she's no cause to be ill then it may have been just 'a funny turn' - hope it was a one-off.

Good luck with the transcription work today, hope the dogs are behaving, Angie. I must say that I would be struggling to exercise the little grey cells today as, like CS I had an early call, not birds but Pearla wanting to wrestle my feet and then decide to knock my jewellery stand all over the floor! hummm, not funny!

Going to make a quick lunch today as off to Barnado's later for my 3 hour 'shift'. Have a great day all xx
Afternoon
I have washing on the line too so nice to be able too isn't.
I am with you on Inky being stuck in somewhere like a shed maybe.
Hope you enjoyed work as you will be home now. Are you enjoying it.

Catsey Veteran

17-06-2014, 05:22 PM   #7

Well I have been in the garden and round to the skip. Taken Bella out and that's about it really the weather here is gorgeous. Should have gone to Yoga this afternoon but fell asleep.......

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
17-06-2014, 06:41 PM   #8

I don't think Inky is fast somewhere because he's too cautious about going in anywhere where he can't get out. Got another neighbour on the lookout for him. I've thought about him getting stuck somewhere but I don't think that's the case. Went out again today and saw 2 black cats but neither was Inks.