Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #1

Thursday's bobs

Morning all - another lovely day weather-wise today. OH has gone off for an all-day golf conference (?!) so I am minding the animals today, I hope Dora will be good and not miss her daddy too much. Monty is fine and the cats are, well, the cats. Pip is out atm and Kizzy is snoozing on our bed after having been out all night. That girl does love going on the razz now that the nights are warm.

Thinking about some comments about my rabbits dancing in the moonlight yesterday, I wonder if you think I'm a bit "odd"? If you Google rabbits, solstice and moonlight you may come up with some interesting things ........ a bit off the main topic, did you know that a design with three rabbits was the mark of the Cornish tin miners? Well neither did I! Dogs permitting, I will be continuing with rabbits, dancing and moonlight today. Perhaps it would help if you knew that years ago I hoped to have become an illustrator, thats' the line I took at college, printmaking and illustration. Still in the blood.

FM, I am sad to see that Inky hasn't come home yet. I think he may have the call of the wild in his blood and I am hoping that he's just enjoying being wild for a bit and will come home when he's ready.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #2

Re: Thursday's bobs

Morning Angie,

Hope Inky has returned home.

Angie I have to say I have never thought you odd as in odd merely odd like the rest of us.

I will look up rabbits and solstice. I did not know that about rabbits and tin miners what is the link???????its a question I will recall if I ever do a pub quiz or who wants to be a millionaire.
Why did you change your track from illustration to what you do now?

I am planning on tidying the front garden today a it of dead heading to do. I have already been to the Doctors this morning for the "40-whatever health check a MOT sort of thing" thought I would go to get a bench march for my own peace of mind. My blood pressure is slightly high but my BMI is now 29.2 YEAH I need to loose weight the other blood results should be in next week they will ring, I am hoping my cholesterol is coming down.
So I have got nerve studies this afternoon at 5pm at Dudley Road hospital and want to make a hairdressers appointment for tomorrow I am going out for dinner with friends.
I have hospital for a heart monitor to be fitted tomorrow so timing for the health check was good.
Also need to pop into the Pandora shop as they have a Summer Sale on so using some birthday money on maybe a couple of charms.

See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-06-2014, 11:17 AM   #3

Kazz - here is the link to the Tinner's Rabbits (they were probably hares!) http://www.legendarydartmoor.co.uk/three_hares.htm

Like millions of others, I had to give up my hopes for a career in order to earn my living and pay the bills. To fill the gap in my artistic yearnings, I did life drawing for years at evening class but with my health deteriorating I had to give up the charcoal dust and lugging stuff about and, as you know, have now got into calligraphy which has little dust and not so much heavy equipment!

Good news about your BMI, I hope your other tests go as well. Not sure I've ever had my cholesterol done - ought to check that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
12-06-2014, 01:27 PM   #4

We had a carpenter who did the wainscotting in our upstairs bathroom and his stamp was a hare jumping over a crescent moon. He did explain to me what it stood for but I can't remember now.