Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
05-06-2014, 07:33 AM   #1

very rainy Thursday

Morning everyone. Its wet and miserable here today. On the late shift today and got about of running about to do beforehand as oh car is going back to the garage as it's never been right since the last crash in April and apparently the underside is badly damaged which we found out after it's service. Doesn't help that oh ran over something on the motorway!!

Hope you are all nice warm and dry. Chin tickles to all our pets too

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
05-06-2014, 08:25 AM   #2

Re: very rainy Thursday

Morning Pamela, it is bright and breezy here and I've hung a load of washing out before heading to London. I'm meeting teachers involved in a project I'm evaluating- had to put on smart clothes and do the face and hair properly today! Working at home has its definite advantages.

Hope you get the car sorted. Hello to those to come!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-06-2014, 09:40 AM   #3

Morning Pamela and CS and those to come. Bright here atm - wish my towels were out on the line, but they are still in the washing machine just now. Some hand washing is hanging out though.

Yesterday early evening was a bit of an adventure here - OH decided to take Dora to agility as it was dry, so I followed on to meet him after Dora's class to hand over Monty to be taken to his advanced training and bring Dora home. The weather looked iffy, but I set off, Monty happily in the car in his crate. We weren't far from the agility field when the heavens opened and there was a terrific hail storm, with lightning and a thunder clap that lasted longer than normal. Poor Monty was terrified - cowering and shaking with fear, the hail hammering on the car roof. At the field, the dogs and handlers had all taken shelter in a barn ........ the storm passed and Monty soon perked up when his master and Dora appeared. Actually I think he got over his fear quicker than if he were at home, perhaps because there was nothing I could try to do about it, we just had to wait it out. I have to admit to being a bit scared myself!

Anyway, that's my adventure. Not sure what's on here today, may pot tomatoes on (they are so late) and then venture into the scriptorium this afternoon.

Kizzy had a clean health report yesterday. Her teeth are lovely and clean, she's put on a little weight and the vet said she's fine, but perhaps she shouldn't put on any more! She was a good girl, as always, at the vet and didn't have any accidents in her carrier. Well done Kizzy!

Monty for his annual check and vacs today.

Hope you can sort out the car Pamela - that's worrying about the underneath.

Also hope your meeting goes well CS, smarty-pants!

Have a good day peeps.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
05-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #4

Good morning Pamela, cats' staff and angieh.It's a mild night here in Christchurch tonight and the expected rain didn't eventuate. I hear it will rain tomorrow .Hope you get your car sorted Pamela.It's quite stressful when you have a lot to do before heading off to work. Hope you get a bit of time to relax.Hope your London visit went well cats' staff. Yes, I guess working from home does indeed have its advantages.Poor Monty having to face all that terrible storm angieh.Thank goodness it passed quickly. Hope his vet check goes smoothly today and great news that Kizzy was brave yesterday and got a clean bill of health.
Oddly enough ,I discovered today that my blue-eyed Dickens is deaf. I've had him for 8 months, since the day he was born and I never realised that he couldn't hear.I guess I never really thought about it and as the 3 kittens are always together, it wasn't obvious.He will be the third deaf white cat that I have owned, so it's not an issue.

Anyway, I'm off to make some ham and egg sandwiches for my lunch tomorrow, then off to bed. Hope everyone has a lovely day and stays warm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM   #5

Afternoon, Pamela it sounds as if you have the rain and wind we had yesterday - it was almost wintry!

Today it's warm and sunny and my youngest has gone off to 'The Living Rainforest' which is an educational place near Newbury. It's like a giant greenhouse with tropical plants and animals living in it. I could never go because it has birds (large ones) flying around inside

Eldest has a tennis lesson tonight so I will be heading off to the gym whilst he's there.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM   #6

Done my potting up in the greenhouse - have two large ants nests in there, one in a filled pot and another under a bucket, fascinating and horrible to watch them all swarming about and sadly I had to get OH to put ant powder down. I am allergic to so many insect bites.

Monty also has the all clear after his vet check, another one who has put on a bit of weight and doesn't need to put on any more!!!