Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-06-2014, 11:18 AM   #1

Monday daily

Missed you yesterday so I'll start today

Reading a good absorbing book at the moment, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, it's a bit back and fore in time but a good read.

Yesterday I did the grass and finished the weeding, totally shattered afterwards. Truth is I've put a stone on since Christmas and I need to shift it Back to swimming and the gym I think, I've neglected my fitness.

Going with my parents later to look at carpet for their living room, I had my flooring put down and it looks good, now they just want to 'keep up with the Morgans'

I'll post pics of the living room (mine) in Home section

See you later

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
02-06-2014, 01:36 PM   #2

Re: Monday daily

Afternoon PP ......... I have read all Kate Morton's books and love them. I'm not generally a fan of that genre, but found them all enthralling and unputdownable. I was surprised when I found that Kate is an Australian because her books "sound" so English. That may be a terrible generalisation, but I know what I mean, and I mean it as a compliment!

OH is a very tired bunny today and has sore feet. The dog show raised £1038.50 for Lucher SOS - which is a record for dog shows run for their benefit.

Well, I'm off to the scriptorium this afternoon - inspired by a lovely lady's reply to my email about her lotus books on her blog. FM or Shelley, if you are interested I could send you her blog address in a PM.

Enjoy your day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
02-06-2014, 02:10 PM   #3

Busy in the office today after last week's half term. Youngest has a tennis lesson tonight with OH picking him up and eldest has drama at school so between dropping one off (5.30) and picking the other one up (7.30) I will be at my Pilates class.

My right knee - the one which caused me all the problems last year - is quite sore as I think I overdid the 2 runs I made over the weekend. I'm not scheduling a gym visit until Thursday so should be all OK by then.

PP - get yourself down the gym n swim - you'll feel much better for it.
Angie - enjoy your crafting, I have to admit somewhat ashamedly that I have never heard of Kate Morton

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
02-06-2014, 03:54 PM   #4

afternoon all, hope everyone is ok.
Sorry to hear your knee is sore again Yola
Nette, sounds like you have been busy in the garden
Angie, what a tremendous sum of money to have been raised, brilliant.
Yes please pm me the blog
Today we have been on the beach with the dogs and then a trip to Stranraer to buy a solar lighthouse ornament for our decking.
We also saw an advert for a real decomissioned lighthouse and cottage in an estate agents window, up for sale for approx quarter of a million.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-06-2014, 07:29 PM   #5

Hi all,
I spent today emailing hundreds of schools to market my new venture- I've gone a bit cross eyed and went for a run to get away from the screen.

Yola- I find using a roller to massage the iliotibial band really helps with knee pain- if it hurts on the outside of the knee it may be that band tightening- it gave me a lot of trouble on my tight side before someone suggested I try a foam roller.
I'll have to try Kate Morton- sounds interesting. I like the flooring PP. I must admit I hate gyms and find running or cycling outdoors about the only the only exercise I enjoy. I used to enjoy swimming but there are no pools near us and the main one in Cambridge is too busy and noisy.
Shelley- I'd love to live in a lighthouse or a windmill- I was always jealous of Jonathon Creek!
Well done on the dog show Angie- that's a great amount!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
02-06-2014, 10:26 PM   #6

Just watched Secret Life of Cats, wonderful programme.
Did fill up when I saw Jessiecat, the colourpoint helping the little autistic boy with his life skills. So like my Posh.
Would love a follow up programme now on the life of the kitten in the big world.