Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
28-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1

Anniversary dilemma

It's our Ruby (40th) wedding anniversary at the weekend and I still have no idea what to get OH for a present.

He has loads of fairly expensive arty materials already, he just buys what he needs when he needs it. He's quite "gadgetty" and with our son's advice has a clever phone, music thingy, camera and other stuff. He's fond (too fond!!) of peaty, island single malt whisky and has about 5/6 already......... so....... HELP!!

If I'm expecting him to buy me something to mark the occasion (hopefully something red and sparkly!) it's only fair for me to get something for him too. Actually he can be incredibly thick about taking hints, I have roped daughter in to prod him in the right direction but it's always possible he might not buy me anything at all!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-06-2010, 11:32 AM   #2

Re: Anniversary dilemma

That is a dilemma and not much time to arrange anything. Are you having any sort of family "do" or party?

What about a short break/holiday?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
28-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #3

If he gets dressed up for smart 'do,s' how about a ruby tie pin. As for a tipple, some ruby port?
Just some ideas that came about from my parents anniversary some time ago

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
That is a dilemma and not much time to arrange anything. Are you having any sort of family "do" or party?

What about a short break/holiday?
You're right, not much time! To be honest with my RA having been so bad lately I simply haven't had the energy to do or plan anything, the date has sort of sprung up on me! We're just having a family dinner out, a party was dismissed as most of the people we would be inviting will already be travelling down from the North for our son's wedding in October. They are either quite elderly or in low-paid employment so couldn't manage, or afford, to do 2 visits down south so close together.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
28-06-2010, 12:16 PM   #5

Does her wear jewellery? My OH swore against it, but I bought him a really discreet brushed titanium bracelet and a platinum plated ring (which he subsequently lost ) and he's now converted - or at least resigned to - wearing small, subtle items.

Some of the more expensive jewellers have tasteful men's peices . . . not the D&G or Gucci bling. Try Pravin's in the Oracle (if you fancy a trip into Reading that is)!

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #6

What about a day out at an exhibition, although your health may not be up to going sadly ..........

http://www.dulwichpicturegallery.org...th_family.aspx

(I'd go to this if I could!)

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
28-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #7

As he loves art, how about a nice paint or brush set ....... or maybe a gift voucher for Art Supplies?

Or an engraved pen?

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #8

Not a huge present, but what about an Art Fund Membership?

http://www.artfund.org/join/benefits...FRyX2Aod5Cqg5A

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #9

Some really good ideas coming along but not the jewellery ones I'm afraid, he just doesn't like it unfortunately.

Catsey Veteran

28-06-2010, 01:19 PM   #10

As he sounds as if he likes his Scotch, why not treat yourselves to a tour? Maybe more to his liking than yours, but I bet the scenery is lovely!

http://www.timberbush-tours.co.uk/ed...FQ6Y2AodTVbE5Q