Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-06-2010, 07:33 AM   #1

Um, Think it's Thursday

The days of the week are gettting very 'samey' with this spell of settled weather Also, I've lost that sense of rhythm you get from a working week. I have officially handed in my resignation now so that I can be Ceri's full-time carer. It was a hard decision but one I had to make. I'll miss my wonderful midwifery post in the birth centre but it was too demanding now my life has changed.

Ceri at the day hospital today, his cognitive problems persist but he's slowly improving. Still needs 24 hour supervision though and is battling with chronic fatigue since his stroke.

Have a good day everyone .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
24-06-2010, 09:50 AM   #2

Re: Um, Think it's Thursday

Nette - sorry to hear things are improving slower than you'd hoped for with Ceri. I'm sure with your support and love he'll make steady progress though.

Here it is hot already. Sebi was being a stroppy little man this morning - refusing breakfast, howling at every chance and just being generally very difficult.

I have a full day of meetings and interviews as well as finalising our presentation, a new section for our website and other bits and bobs.

Fifi's lolipop bandage came off last night . . . she is spending time in her basket at the moment and I'm just leaving her to get used to having her leg back . . . it looks so, so skinny without all its fur on it She's a bit floppy with the heat but seems OK; perks up when I fuss her and took her tablet well this morning.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #3

Morning all.

Nette I agree there is no ebb and flo to life when you are not at work, I am starting to feel ready to go back which means I know I need another 4 weeks......because if I go back I will be tempted to do something I shouldn't will get irritated by the fact I can't do it and get angry with my myself so not going to put myself through that so taking longer off. See how good I can be to myself - this is my one chance of healing and no getting this far to go backwards.

Nette you will have to come up with a structure for your day week, or are you the wing it and see type of girl I am not sure I could do "caring" 24/7 it takes a special type of person.....although maybe you don't know if you can till you have too. I mean my sister and BIL do the same for their son Jack but when I watch Jack for them its not like I see it as caring it an honour.

But I would find something to do with you that is not carig related at all somewhere you can be you Nette not carer Nette.....

Anyhow Yola morning girl. Sounds like Sebi is fed up of the heat and I empathise but not complaining. Have a good day and glad the bandage is off....looks like all is moving forward.

Have a good day all its Sophies Prom tonight......mild hysteria has set in....she is such a perfectionist. Will snap a pic later and post when I can prise the camera from her grasp.

Off out for a meal with friends after seeing Sophie go. So not a quiet evening here hence my early night last night but that failed I kept waking up no idea why........

Anyhow have to be off shortly. I have a life to live.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2010, 11:43 AM   #4

Morning all,
you will have a lot of adjusting to do PP, Kazz advice is good to do something for you when your not caring.
I am a carer for my son, i work part time. Just been on the phone to social services to see if he can get transport to the day centre as my job finishes soon. At the moment i can transport but my next job may not be in Leyland.
We're having an assessment next week.
Been out with Malaika, at the moment we are working on heel and going through gates in a controlled manner.
Tom was attacked by a Dog last night and consequently has two inches of bald tail. The dog escaped from up the road and came on to our drive, poor Tom has weak back legs and isn't very agile, as he scrambled up the gate the dog got him.
He's fine this morning, no broken skin or anything but it must have hurt.
O/H went round to inform them so they can hopefuly be more careful in future.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #5

Afternoon all, its really hot here with sun and showers..
Making arrangement to go and try to catch 3 kittens tomorrow....Their mum was being fed by someone, she went into be spayed and they discovered she had milk, food has been put out and 3 kittens appeared, now its just a case to catching the little devils....
So tomorrow night, fingers crossed its not raining...
Got an airport run soon, so thats my afternoon pretty well sorted...
Hope everyone is well, and all the furrys are too....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
24-06-2010, 02:45 PM   #6

It's not so hot here today, much more to my liking!

Hospital appointment this morning, initially for injection into a finger joint. Blood test results show my liver is now completely back to normal but rheumatoid factors are significantly elevated (I knew that - ouch! ) so I got a big injection into my rear instead which will dampen everything down until my medication kicks in again. I had one of these shots last year - wonderful, just like a magic bullet, but apparently you're not allowed to have them too often as that can lead to osteoporosis I believe. I've been advised to have limited activity for a day or so as otherwise the steroids would whizz around too quickly and lead to early depletion instead of lasting for about 6 weeks. Shame I don't follow tennis, I could watch Wimbledon all day!

I'll send the man out in a while to do some shopping, we're out of fresh veg and salad. Enjoy the rest of today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-06-2010, 03:01 PM   #7

Hi all! Nette - it will take a bit of adjusting and I agree with Kazz, you do need to make time for yourself as well. It sounds from what you've said previously that you have a good support network, so I should hope that won't be too difficult for you. Structuring your week is, I found more difficult. You have to have a routine but I found that I was becoming enslaved by the routine, so try and build in some flexibility at the beginning!

Sorry to hear Sebi is upset today Yola, I bet it's the heat. Glad Ms Fluff's bandage is off - she'll be relieved too.

Kazz - I look forward to seeing Sophie's pictures. Have a great time yourself too!

Shelley - I'm very glad that Tom is OK. That was such a trauma for the lad, but it sounds as if he's coped remarkably well.

Moli - good luck catching those wee kittens.

MrsH - hope that injection gives you a full 6 weeks painfree. I remember when my GP put me on steroid tablets for the first time for my asthma - I got the steroid "buzz" - nothing was too much trouble and I flew through my work. Had to be weaned off the pills gradually. Shame!

OH and I have been for a walk around Stansted Forest. The forest bits were lovely and shady, but out in the open it was baking. I felt like a boil-in-the-bag steam pudding and probably looked like one. Been home for 30 mins or so and only just cooling down with Catsey.

Will put some washing on in a minute and go and sit outside - in the shade.

Kizzy's neck was looking a lot better this morning - still bald of course, but her skin is white, the inflammation has already gone and she is not scratching nor trying to lick the site. Another inspection later.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
24-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #8

Still delightfully warm ad sunny, 32 C (90 F), but only a 30% chance of rain; am getting distressed at the dryness. Even the grass is suffering. Send rain vibes, please!

No errands so a lie in, a few chores and waiting for the bi-weekly grocery delivery.

Nette, I think you'll sort of establish and settle into a routine now that you're not working; at least I found that I did. MrsH, glad the shot has relieved you, and glad Kizzy's not itching, Angie. Look forward to the prom pics, Kazz. Shelley, poor Tom made for a dramatic quiz last night; good to hear he's OK. Yola, sorry Sebi's being difficult; probably the weather isn't helping; good about Ms Fi, though. Moli, good luck at kitten-catching!

Stay cool, all, have a nice day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
24-06-2010, 04:51 PM   #9

Shelly - Ouch about Tom, its the thing about cats isn't it dog attacks.....I recall Cleo being attacked by the monrgel (right soppy thing) over the road, I made a grab for Cleo to throw her over the fence...........wrong move I still have the scar motto do not intervene in cat and dog scuffles the dog BJ also bore the scars from the encounter till he passed away too. Cleo got away scott free. BJ avoided her after that. even to the point of once running into his house when she came toward me as I was talking to his owner. Good luck on the heel work too. I am hoping to be out walking Sal again by next weekend - so hope she recalls her manners.

Moli - 3 kittens let us know........we will need pictures you know

Mrs H - Sympathies about the jab, but hope it continues to give you relief. Just keep sending the man out seems like a plan to me.

Angie - sound like a nice way to spend a day walking round a forrest - glad Kizzy's neck is better.

Dm - Glad you are good hope everything is delivered on your home shop, I cannot send rain vibes incase it confuses the rain vibe God and he thinks I want rain.....my powers of vibing are not all they could be

Anyhow everyone be good just sitting on here with my feet up off to see Sophie off. Then as I said I am off for my meal.............and wearing guess what yes white 3/4 trousers..........Angie you above all should appreciate that.
only one down fall my swelly belly is massive today...I wonder if its something to do with the heat?

Anyhow have a good evening all. See you all later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #10

Enjoy your meal Kazz, let us know what you have.
Ouch mrsH that injection sounds painful but hope it works for you.