Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2010, 02:20 PM   #1

Very Warm Wednesday!

Isn't it lovely???? I do like the warmth. Kizzy and Pip though are not too sure and sensibly stay indoors sleeping the afternoon away. They wake up around tea time and take to the outdoors again. Bet they wish sometimes that they could unzip their furry coats.

I've been to the gym this morning and that was rather warm too - but it does me good. I strangely feel sort of half energised and have ready to take a nap. Very odd - but I shall go out in the garden and weed the runner beans (in the shade) before I drop off to sleep. I refuse to take an afternoon nap if I'm well - that can wait until I "retire", mind the way we're going I expect that retirement may be a thing of the past.

I hope everyone enjoys this glorious weather whatever you are doing.

I am looking forward to Catsey quiz this evening - please join in if you can.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
23-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #2

Re: Very Warm Wednesday!

It's bloomin' hot here! The sun has moved round to the front of the office and it's warming up nicely! I'm watching the footie on the PC via BBC but writing at the same time, and flicking over if something sounds interesting.

Need to drop OH at the allotment on the way home as I'm worried for the greenhouse bits as well as the other plants which I bet need a drink. I'll then run home, take Fifi to the vet for her bandage change (hopefully the last one), and then pick OH up again.

OH's daughter came round with a belated Father's Day card and I'm honoured because she invited me to her graduation next week. I'm well chuffed!

I suspect I won't make the quiz tonight as there's lots to do around the house and garden . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
23-06-2010, 04:16 PM   #3

Did not get to go to Stratford felt a little tired so being a good girl again I stayed home.

Back inside to watch the footie.........

Going out for a meal with friends tomorrow night hope weather satys like this.

Have a good afternoon all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #4

Hi all! Glorious weather continues here, to the annoyance of the heat-haters! Presently 29 C (84 F), sun and a bit of a breeze, that's before lunch, will make mid 30s by afternoon. This June is running 5 degrees warmer than usual, as contrasted to last year which was unusually cool. Only problem is the lack of rain...

No news; no errands, slept in did a few chores & popped on line. Leia is dozing on the porch in a cool spot with a breeze.... the mice could dance the fandango in the kitchen at this point and she couldn't care less, bless her!

Looking forward to the quiz tonight! Stay cool, all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
23-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #5

The cats have slept in the shade all day, Morgan went out for his usual walk then settled down for a long snooze on the cool slate hearth. We've had the fan on for the first time today and loads of windows open, 'fraid I don't do heat too well, if the temp goes over 24C I just wilt! Swollen ankles ain't a good look either

It's our daughter's 35th birthday today where did the time go? I feel soooooo old!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
23-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #6

A woman was complaining at the gym about how long it takes her to do anything now. She has COPD, but has other health problems too - but has a youthful face. Someone else said that we are all still 21 in our heads - that is SO true.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
23-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #7

Had a lovely restful day, out in the sunshine and yet keeping shaded to read. Was a bit disconcerted by not being able to get on earlier today, but all explained by Az now

Sad news about Bluebell tho, will miss her muchly.
xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
23-06-2010, 10:33 PM   #8

Very warm 80 degrees here today!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
23-06-2010, 11:32 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink
Very warm 80 degrees here today!
Oh Tink! Your climate is so different ... it was 97 F here today! 80 is cool!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
24-06-2010, 12:20 AM   #10

Wow, that is a difference!
What's funny is I've lived most my life in California but apparently I've acclimated to WA so once it starts to hit 65 I start to feel warm!