Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-06-2010, 12:24 PM   #1

THURSDAY Thread

What a gorgeous day. Dropped Ceri off at the day hospital and took my ironing board outside, turned up the radio and did an hours worth of my most hated chore in the fresh air, being careful to shade as well as sunworship.

Made my lunch ready to eat al fresco, salad leaves with feta, olives, tomatoes and a hazelnut yoghurt. I feel so healthy

After lunch, off to town to post letters to my sister, call to mam and dad's house to check as they are away in the Isle of Wight (lucky things) and then collect Ceri.

See ya later xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: THURSDAY Thread

Hi Nette - that's a very uplifting start to your day!

It's beautiful here, warm with clear blue skies. Dominik is doing a 1/2 day's sailing with his school today (the whole class is), so the weather's perfect for that. I'm stuck in the office still battling (but slowly winning) with my website. Have today learnt how to add new pages/sections

Have a healthy lunch too - organic beanburger with cucumber, feta, tomato and radish, with a lemon/olive oil dressing.

Had our first own-grown pak choi in our stir-fry last night . . . as good as anything from Waitrose and far fewer food miles

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
17-06-2010, 12:40 PM   #3

sounds like the weather there is wonderful!!... i cant say the same about it here

As much as i love being outside in the sunshine and fresh air i dont think that would make me enjoy ironing..
ill mention it to David though as he does all the ironing and maybe he can do it outside when the weather gets warmer

Lucky Dom to be out sailing... im sure he will be having a blast... has he done it before Yola?

both of you sounds like you are on a healthy food kick... good on you!! the weather is so cold here we are filling up on comfort food.. much to my waist lines disgust ... on a happier note i collected my new ipad today
and i LOVE it!!... still working out the finer details... although its works on the same sort of platform as the iphone does... so its not altogether foreign to me

have a good one everyone... i'm off to bed soon ... my electric blankie is getting a workout this year!! x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #4

Night night Jo. x
Glad we are not having to think about electric blankets for a while
Yola your pakchoi looked delicious and as you said much 'greener' by far. Have started small this year with just peas, next time it'll be potatoes and strawberries, I hope.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #5

Gorgeous here too: cool front thru overnight. Brilliant sun, 24 C (75 F) and lower humidity with a brisk breeze. No errands, a lie-in and pottering; breakfast on the porch again. It's hard to believe it's half-past June already with the longest day approaching.

Nothing could make me enjoy ironing; most hated chore! You all are certainly having healthy lunches, mine will be a cup of miso soup, fruit and cheese and a chocolate Ensure health drink.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
17-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #6

Afternoon all.

Been out today brought myself a new top black and white top and a pair of black leggings (easy on the tummy being pull on)

Everyone sounds like they have had a lovely day so far. Bumped into a old friend today who has invited me to a murder mystery Ceilidh weekend...... in Stratford On Avon.....so am booking that sounds brilliant and will do me good.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #7

Afternoon everyone! OH and I have been out. We didn't go for a walk today because it is very windy and the wind affects my breathing, so we did some chores instead. Took the winter duvet to the cleaners, popped in and paid for our new bed which will be delivered on Monday, went to find out about getting a new shed - styles, prices, sizes, availability etc. and then went to a pub for lunch. The pub was one that OH remembered from his youth as a spit and sawdust place in the back of beyond - it's a bit upmarket now, but a lovely place with a secluded back garden and good food. Came home and have been toying around with photos for Pip's First Birthday thread.

Now have a video to see if I can do anything with!!!! HELP may be called for soon, but just having a cuppa to calm me first. I've never loaded a video to PB before!

Pak choi sounds lovely Yola. Must try that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
17-06-2010, 08:33 PM   #8

Hello everyone, PP and Yola your lunches sounded delicious and healthy too.
Angie you feel good when you have caught up with a few jobs don't you.
Eileen , like you i can't believe where time has gone.
Kazz, the murder mystery sounds great, i love Stratford.
Jo your ipad sounds great, technology amazes me.
Bit of a day for me, i went for my first mammogram today, what a joy. Just hope the results are ok.
Went to visit a friend, then donated a big tin of Lactol milk to a cat shelter. I bought it for Malaika then we decided to take her off it and we were left with nearly a full big tin.
Before tea we went a walk along the canal bank again, saw a few people sitting on the decks of their boats in the sun, sipping wine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-06-2010, 09:12 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookyandjo
Lucky Dom to be out sailing... im sure he will be having a blast... has he done it before Yola?
He's never done it before Jo - but he's smitten!! One of the teachers at his school sails and she takes the older girls out regularly. Sadly, the boys have to leave at the age of 7 (which Domi's approaching), which means he'll be at a new school and won't continue with sailing.

He does ballet, horse-riding, swimming and chess as extra-curricular activities so I think we'll struggle with time for anything else let alone funds (little brother Sebi's coming up to 4 and is VERY keen to start riding once he's no longer 3)

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
18-06-2010, 03:08 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
He's never done it before Jo - but he's smitten!! One of the teachers at his school sails and she takes the older girls out regularly. Sadly, the boys have to leave at the age of 7 (which Domi's approaching), which means he'll be at a new school and won't continue with sailing.

He does ballet, horse-riding, swimming and chess as extra-curricular activities so I think we'll struggle with time for anything else let alone funds (little brother Sebi's coming up to 4 and is VERY keen to start riding once he's no longer 3)
good that he's still doing ballet Yola... encourage that for as long as you can..if he gets the ballet bug and is any good at it he could take it as far as he wants... the sky is the limit as there are so few male dancers...