Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2010, 10:14 AM   #1

Wednesday daily

Morning all.

Man has been to repair the switch thing in the boiler. Poor bloke has been trying to get here but I have been more out than in.

Just took some tea coffe and biscuits out to the workmen who are doing something to the street lights. They were kinda surprised apparently not many people give them drinks these days. Got me wondering am I one of a dying breed? I know I am often at work and lots of people are at work...but do people offer workmen in the road a drink nowadays.?

Yola I hope today is a little better than yesterday.

Well I am considering getting my hair cut and coloured. Just need to round up the energy first.
Plan on staying in today, just "need" to get something for dinner tonight.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
16-06-2010, 11:23 AM   #2

Re: Wednesday daily

Hiya Kazz and all. Sunny day here so cracked on the garden and cut & strimmed the lawn in an hour. Then chatted to my freind who lives not far away but we hardly meet face to face, she's teaching so will get together after the end of term.

Kazz, salad days are here so nice selection of leaves and crisp veggies ?? also I give workmen tea too, although its a quiet cul-de-sac and we don't get many in the close. LOok forward to the firemens annual hydrant check though

Yola hope the boys and yaself are chipper, give Fifi hugs for me too.

Off shopping for new hairdryer later, mine blew up in my hand this morning

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
16-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #3

I am in a cul de sac too.

Now thats spooky my hairdryer went kaput too this morning got to get another but tomorrow now.

Have just pottered in the garden today and planted up three wall baskets out the front.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #4

Hi, Kazz, PP! An epidemic of exploding hairdryers?

Gloomy day here, clouds with on and off drizzle; made it to the Giant for Leia's favorites and a slice of that mousse cake. Cooler than normal, 23 C (72 F), but a good warmup coming at the weekend after we get rid of the t'storms for the next few days.

Yola, hope today is better! Enjoy your day, all. remember the quiz is at 8 pm tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
16-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #5

Hello . . . not too bad here, just tired, hot and a bit fed up. Head and throat are hurting and voice is still gravelly I have been getting to grips with Wordpress - the system that our website runs on; talk about a steep learning curve!

Dominik was back at school today. I think, although he was poorly, he was bored rigid yesterday. School secretary had to administer his bitter medicine . . . poor love, he really doesn't like it.

Will try and make the quiz but have had a day of staring at computer . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #6

Hi all - late sign in here today. I went to the gym this morning and then on to a nursery which is nearer the hospital than home. Bought some more plants - came home and planted them all. I just have some Ophiopogon (black grass) to pot up that was moved and split from where it used to be.

I've taken some photos of our may or may not be a stray cat which I'll post later. He's looking better than he did a few days ago - I wonder if someone else is feeding him too!

Hope we get folk wanting to play the quiz tonight ......