Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
15-06-2010, 04:05 PM   #1

Tuesdays chat

Come on then where are you all................

Well afternoon all. Been to see my consultant today first time since Op and guess what I am fine, he was really impressed with the way my wound had healed given the trouble etc.
Asked him about the spiders crawling about in my tummy and he said thats the nerves rejoining and to take it easy as I am doing he also said 6 weeks is not a magic number but it does mean the majority of healing is pretty much on the way to being complete but YOU ARE NOT HEALED.
He said it takes 9 months
approx the next 6 weeks is for strength rebuilding then at about 12 weeks to start getting back to what you did before the Op but gently if it hurts/pulls stop if you need to sleep/put your feet up do that. Listening to your body he said was the key.

He also said he will write in the information for the GP notes I am not to return to even phased work until 14 weeks post op (due to setback with the wound reopening) and if I have any to trouble then I am to go back to his secretary he does not want his work undone by returning to work to early. ever feel like your body is not your own.....but seriously I am
really pleased and I like my consultant his advice is really common sense, and based on each patient not a book.

So I am happy and arranged to have a meal out with friends next Thursday and another meal in the offing. Everyone wants to feed me.

Hope you have all had a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
15-06-2010, 04:11 PM   #2

Re: Tuesdays chat

Hi Kazz - I am glad that overall you have had good news and also that you like your consultant and obviously respect his advice. Sounds like things are going well and will improve with time. How's the anaemia?

Sorry I've been offline for a day and a bit - I've had a bit of a headache with nausea and a bit dizzy. I have put it down to catarrh as my ears and around my eyes have felt blocked up and sore. Just been taking it easy and drinking loads of water/squash and had two no alcohol days. I am feeling a lot better today, at least no pain.

Now here's a question for you gardening people ..... after you lift your potatoes, what can you plant afterwards????

Hope everyone is well and has a good day.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
15-06-2010, 04:18 PM   #3

Hello Kazz and Angie.
Kazz i'm glad that your appointment went well, things are moving in the right direction. You are certainly right to celebrate.
Angie sorry you have been feeling off and hope you are feeling better soon.
Having real problems again with my eldest son and feeling a bit flat about it all, i wonder when things will get better with him. He's gone to live back with his dad for now but keeps returning when he feels like it.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
15-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #4

Glad you had a good report from your consultant, Kazz, I expect that gives a boost to your confidence after all this time.

It was interesting what you said about the spiders crawling around in your tummy, I still get that feeling in my arm now - and that was done a day before you had your op. I never thought it could have been anything like nerves rejoining....... that's interesting..

Glad you're feeling better today Angie

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
15-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #5

Hi, all. Good news about your recovery coming along well, Kazz, listen to the doctor and don't overdo; enjoy all those meals people are feeding you! Glad you're a bit better today, Angie, missed you; were your nurses taking good care of you? I have no idea about the potatoes! When is it time to dig them and how do you tell??? Shelley, sorry your boy is being a problem

Lovely day again, a bit cooler after the rain yesterday. We only got .10", but better than nothing. It's 24 C (75 ) now before lunch. No errands today, just a few chores and popped on here.

Hope all are well, two and four footed. Yola, How's Fifi today?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
15-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #6

Kazz - good progress by the sound of things, just keep on taking things steady!

Feeling very low here. Arthritis is being a real pain (literally!) hands, fingers knuckles all swollen, stiff , knobbly and sore. Those couple of weeks when I had to come off Methotrexate really seem to have let the (bad) genie out of the bottle. I now have to have blood tests every 2 weeks, today they just went straight for the back of the hand, no messing about, so I only got 1 plaster instead of 5 like last time! Hospital appt for next week, injections into finger joints Why do all the supplements that seem to work so well for others not work for me?

And the dog's being a real pain too! Completely hyper at the moment, barking early in the morning, leaping around people and jumping up all the time. I thought we'd got on top of all that!

Should feel better after that moan but somehow I don't.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
15-06-2010, 06:53 PM   #7

A late G'day to you all I missed starting a thread when I posted here earlier on the photo thread

Kazz, sensible advice from your consultant ( he's a keeper he's rare! ) Get well Angie, lots of summer viruses afloat. Shelley, kids are a real pain in the @ss some times, how old is eldest son? seems he wants to be where the grass seems greener at the time, not caring about the upheaval he's causing

Sorry to hear the arthritis has flared up, sounds horrible too. The pain is relentless, really so empathise my MIL and Ceri both suffer badly. he tries every supplement too, Joint Assure from Boots is the latest one + all the fish oils going!

Its been quite a nice day though, sun is out and clothes are drying well

Catsey Veteran

15-06-2010, 08:32 PM   #8

PP, has Ceri tried hyaluronic acid? I've added that to what I take for arthritis.

http://www.raysahelian.com/hyaluronic-acid.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
15-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #9

MrsH - sorry you are feeling so bad. Pain can cloud the most uplifted spirits - which i feel you are when the pain doesn't strike.

Angie - sorry you're feeling bad today.

Karen - glad you're feeling better.

I'm having a less than good day. I have been at home with Dominik who has, it seems a throat infection despite the fact that his tummy's been hurting and he has fever. Doc checked him over and he has enflamed tonsils. My poor fella that's never ill has caught a nasty virus

When at home he's been flopped in front of the TV so I, despite headache, sore throat and feeling grotty) have got on with washing windows, stripping/washing beds, washing floors, swept garden AND done bits of office stuff remotely.

I took Fifi to the vet for a change of dressing; she was so stressed she loose-popped all over her basket towel. The vet nurse kindly cleaned her up.

When I got home I told OH that mortgage payment had bounced for a 2nd time (no money in the business to pay us at the moment; my Mum lent me the money for school fees ).

Because I forgot to phone the mortgage co. on Friday to rearrange direct debit dates (Sebi is very full-on when you're with him - not much gets done when I look after him), OH just went into a horrid rant about how I do nothing, how I care about the cats over the children How useless I am; yada, yada, yada.

What to do? I could just walk . . . I really could. But that won't help my pets or my children. Feeling a bit rubbish at the moment to be honest.

Sorry - cr@p day

Catsey Veteran

15-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #10

Oh Yola, what a rotten day! Sorry things are so rough now... nothing I can really say. (((hugs)))