Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

Sunday salutations!

Good morning! well I slept through til 7am until constant loud mews and scratches of the divan woke me with a start, To think I missed the little madam's morning calls!

Can relax this morning as we are going down my parents for lunch, so no veg to prepare or meat to cook

More white cloud here this morning but plenty of blue sky between, a little colder and more breeze. Lawn needs cutting again so will try and get that done this pm.

Off to make bacon sandwiches for breakfast, lovely!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
13-06-2010, 10:08 AM   #2

Re: Sunday salutations!

Morning PP - glad you had a better sleep - but not being there for madams brekkie call - tut tut.

Horrid drizzle here today so although our grass is now around 6-9iches high it'll need to wait for a dry day.

Plenty indoor chores to catch up on - joy.

Beef Olives, new potatoes and peas for dinner today.

Enjoy the day peeps.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #3

Morning both,

Had boiled eggs and marmite toast for brekkie here. Scrummy.

PP glad you had a good night I just replied on your other thread. Have a nice lunch out.

CM Your lunch sounds lovely. I adore new potatoes. Does anyone else eat them cold in salads?

Anyhow I am off out we were all going out for a carvery its my Dad's birthday
but he is a bit off colour he's had a stomach upset all week othing major but seems things take longer to clear up. And my brother twised his ankle yesterday fell down the back step............no he was not drunk so he is going to stay home and rest he has work on Tuesday.
So no meal out. So I am off out to a art exhibit in Solihull, all none professional artists showing their work, which in this case is photography...a bit like your hubby does I imagine MrsH. So off to show support.

Oh meant to say considering taking up outdoor bowls.............any views?

Have a nice day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2010, 11:04 AM   #4

Morning all.
Got up at 7.00 to go car booting but it had been raining so i didn't bother, now i wish i had because it's quite dry at the moment.
Probably go a Dog walk at some point today, other than that not much happening.
PP hope you enjoy your lunch and hope you enjoy the exibition Kazz, can't comment on Bowls as i've never done it.
CM your dinner sounds nice.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #5

Hi all! I've been busy in the greenhouse and doing odd jobs in the garden, but I now have a bit of a headache so I'm off to have a little nap to see if that will send it on it's way.

Glad you had a better night PP. I heard the 3 o'clock bongs and also the 4 o'clock, but went back to sleep after that.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2010, 04:20 PM   #6

Still lovely here: 26 C (80 F), sunny with a nice breeze, still no rain! It's almost as if we have a force field over the City ... storms all around bit not a drop to speak of here. Not good for the garden.

No news here, had a lie-in and just pottering. My favorite broiled crab cake, cauliflower and curried potatoes tonight.

PP, glad you dot a decent sleep; Angie, hope the nap banishes the headache. Enjoy the exhibit, Kazz. Sorry you missed the boot sale, Shelley, always fun! CM, sorry it's raining on you, send me some!

Enjoy the day!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-06-2010, 04:48 PM   #7

Oh i'm shattered, just back from a lovely walk along the canal bank with O/H and Malaika. We walked for four hours and were quite lucky with the weather, just a couple of lightish showers.
We came across a national trust property Rufford Old Hall and called into the tea room for sandwiches and a cup of tea .
Will maybe bore you with pics tomorrow
Eileen Cauliflower and curried potatoes sounds divine !

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-06-2010, 08:06 PM   #8

I'm exhausted! Took Dominik riding (OH threw a strop and sat in the car), then took OH to work and left him there, then down to the allotment where I made a secure strawberry netting enclosure, weeded, watered everything, sowed some fennel and additional carrots and planted out my runner beans (3rd time lucky)!

Picked OH up from office, then back home; did the ironing, took Dominik swimming (whilst OH prepared roast chicken), came home, watered garden, emptied paddling pool, ate dinner, washed up (wouldn't all fit in the dishie), cleaned cooker, oiled worktops. Will wash floor later, but in the interim will now watch the allotment programme I was planning to watch the other day.

But I'm only exhausted because some drunk numpties were having a ruck at 3.30am and after that I couldn't sleep - wasn't helped by the magpie and crow having their own very loud argument at about 6.

Won't be in bed later than 10 tonight . . . tara for a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #9

What a tiring day, Yola! Sleep well tonight!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
13-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #10

Everyone seems to have been busy.. I have been pottering in and out the garden most of the day... painting the bunny hutches whilst the weather is good... getting the bunnies out onto the grass... cats sleeping under the bushes...

Sean my eldest is 18 today so had a nice day with him. Mum and Dad popped down to see him too..