Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #1

Thursday daily

Morning all.

Just got up, sorry about the quiz last night, was taken out for a suprise meal well the meal was what I ordered the surprise was I was not expecting it..but suspect you figured that....but I am just a little tired still....just had boiled egg and toast and a cup of coffee should feel more awake when the coffee kicks in.

I was shattered last night made it till 11 though..................... but feel better everyday.

Anyhow its raining here, and arranged to have lunch with a couple of friends, may pop into the garden centre on the way home.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-06-2010, 01:52 PM   #2

Re: Thursday daily

Afternoon all and Happy Birthday Kazz

Ceri in the day hospital so have had a morning to myself. Went to the retail park and bought a new printer/copier/scanner; smaller than my previous and able to print off pics from a camera memory card also, wireless

Popped into B&Q and got some new plants and some peas to train up a spiral obelisk. Will have fun planting out tomorrow, and wil take pics to share with you all. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
10-06-2010, 02:23 PM   #3

Hello Kazz and PP, sounds like you had a nice time last night Kazz. Have fun planting PP and show us the pics. Hope you have managed to set your new printer up.
Took Malaika into Preston to look round the car boot and a few shops. She was a pain on the lead, pulling everywhere, i think there was lots of interesting sniffs.
Had a strange encounter with a strange man, i could see him watching us as we passed by , he then followed and stopped me to chat about Malaika. He told me all about when he had dogs and said they were with his mum now.
When i felt the conversation had gone on a bit long i made my excuses and left, only to be approached by a second man, who proceeded to tell me all about how the first man used to live near him and when his mum died leaving two dogs, he didnt look after them and the RSPCA had to get involved.
Between being accosted by strangers i managed to find a biscuit tin full of vintage christmas deccies, most of it is tat but there was one little treasure in there.
It has no monetry value but is the same as my favourite child hood tree ornament. I still have the original but it's very battered now, in fact i threw it away once but had to later retrieve it as i just couldn't part with it.
It's a little father christmas with a hard plastic face and a pine cone body. We had it on our tree in the 60's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
10-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #4

Went out today to suss out some home boarding for Morgan for our son's wedding in October. Morgan got hyper-excited, jumping up and sniffing around at 100mph, investigating everything, and then he peed in the hall! They weren't put off by his antics though, so he's booked in now. We saw her insurance documents and local council licence which by the way only allows her to take in 2 dogs, so he'll get plenty of attention. Their house is only 4 houses away from woodland so there'll be some good walkies for him too! I hope he behaves himself, it'll be nice to have a regular boarding place for when the need arises. On the other hand, they might say "never again!"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #5

Afternoon all - Happy Birthday Kazz!

OH and I have been out for a walk around and about in Stansted Forest today as our R&R. It is a beautiful forest only spoiled by people who don't scoop their dogs' poop. When we got away from the well fouled areas, it was very nice. Not very nice weather-wise but we got back to the car just as the heavens opened. So good timing there. We played "Turn Right, Turn Left" - I got completely muddled where I was, but OH led us safely back to the car.

Still chucking it down. I had hoped to release the nematodes before it started raining, but I think that will have to wait another day now.

Hope it stops raining for the Garden Show which starts tomorrow. It may be a bit wet underfoot ...........

Both Kizzy and Pip have been out in the rain and come in soaked and have had to be dried off. I'm sure they pop out, stand out in the rain and come back in just because they like the drying!!! Clever cats.

Hope everyone has had a good day and kept dry if possible.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #6

Hi all and Happy Birthday, Kazz!

Great improvement weatherwise after yesterdays gloomy rain: 26 C (79 F) and lots of blue cloudless sky. So nice I had breakfast on the porch. No shopping as this is grocery delivery day, also my wine delivery is coming.

MrsH, good you've found a place for Morgan. Angie, your cats acceptance of getting wet astonishes me!! Shelley, how nice abut finding that ornament, childhood memories. PP have fun with the impressive new printer/copier/scanner ... sounds complicated!

Hope it's a great day for all, and a reminder this is the last day to vote on the Photo Contest if you haven't already!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-06-2010, 05:46 PM   #7

Busy day for me today, had to pop to PC world to get some printer cartridges as ours had run out and we need to print loads of bits still before we fly.

Then had my eyelashes done - lady did a great job on them although they did take 1.5 hours to do. I just love them.

Then I had to pop back to Next to return some items, pop to the luggage shop to get a luggage strap, get petrol and then do some food shopping (mainly for the cats!! LOL)

Home now - just about to tackle the housework.

Tomorrow we pack!!! LOL

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
10-06-2010, 06:31 PM   #8

Well I am home I went out with some friends and had a pizza for lunch. Really nice day and not tired at all mind you sitting down to eat took no effort.

Arranged with a friend to go out and see Sex In The City at the pictures tomorrow, she couldn't make the lunch, and I could not face another meal out.....Off out tonight too with the family, having a curry. Last night Chinese, today italian (well Pizza) tonight Curry....... and Monday a carvery with a couple of friends.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-06-2010, 06:41 PM   #9

Hi all - just home from work and went out to check my broody - Martha.

You can hear the chicks cheeping in the eggs and one has a little tiny hole in it - oh, I am sooooooo excited.

Sounds like you've had a nice birthday Kazz.

Angieh - I hate people who don't poop scoop - gives all us dog owners a bad name

Glad you've found a holiday home MrsH - puts your mind at rest.

Be interested in how the wireless printer etc works out, I've looked at them and wondered.

Shelley - I have a similar tree dec. - falling apart but I can't bear to get rid. We must post pics come tree time?

DM - breakfast on the porch sounds lovely - what did you have?

EmmaG - love the lashes, you don't sound in the least stressed about all you are doing - hope you're better at packing than I am!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
10-06-2010, 06:49 PM   #10

Calismum - lol everybody keeps commenting on how calm I am - and as for the packing...I have a list lol