Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
10-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #1

Sigh.........

Well on the daily I mentioned K going on a rather tediously long road trip today without me seeing as I'm still beat from the one over the weekend.
His mother just contacted me, apparently he is still five hours away from home now and only now getting back on the road as he was pulled over for "being suspicious" and he had all three dogs to keep him company and when he was not able to singlehandedly corral all three on the side of the freeway on his own they called in backup and searched his truck and have just finally released him now once they found nothing

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
10-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #2

Re: Sigh.........

That's a bit uneccessary! Poor K . . . hopefully he's not too stressed and angered by that.

Catsey Veteran

10-06-2010, 10:45 AM   #3

He's just gotten home..apparently all the fish tank equipment in the bed of his truck appeared to be equipment to set up a meth lab in their eyes

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
10-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #4

Oh dear - that takes me back to 70's England when any bloke with long hair was likely to be pulled over.

Poor K - hope he's being calm about it all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
10-06-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Its funny what police perceive to be suspicious, guess they were just bored and wanted to pass a bit of time

Sorry that delayed his homecoming for you Tink and gave you anxiety you could have done without.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
10-06-2010, 04:32 PM   #6

What a tale! Poor K, glad he's back home safely now, Tink!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
10-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #7

At least he's home safe, with his fish tanks etc. What is his new project going to be?

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2010, 07:10 PM   #8

Thanks guys. I think it was just kind of ironic because he is so anti-drug, ya know? He even turned down pain killers when he was able to stand it in the hospital. Of course he does have a shaved head and heavily tattooed arms..but still
That and when they asked him to step out he explained he has nerve damage in his legs so his gait is a little abnormal...and they thought that meant he was intoxicated. which really bummed me out because he is already overly sensitive about those things. ah well, could have been worse i suppose.
His new project is growing some aquatic type plants. I don't really know much about them but he needed a whole different system for it. That and he is doing some upgrades to the huge tank.
See, he had to end up cashing out his whole retirement for us to get by while we wait/hope for disability to come through. He is very upset about that, he worked very hard for that fund and now he has to deplete. So he's decided to set aside a small percentage of it to at least enjoy since "he probably won't make it to retirement age anyway at this rate" (his words). In a way I wonder if it's irresponsible but in another I suppose it is his money and this might be the last bit of fun he'll be able to have with finances, a last hurrah if you will. And it is nice to see him passionate about his hobby again. He was depressed for so long nothing interested him. Now he is up and about. So as you can see my feelings are mixed.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-06-2010, 08:16 PM   #9

I can understand your mixed feelings. It's great to have him enthusiastic about things again as he was so awfully down and depressed, understandably. But it is worrisome about depleting the fund. As you know I'm a quite liberal Democrat but was raised by two conservative Republicans and imbibed the "never touch the principal!!! " belief with my mother's milk, probably!

So, I guess just go with the flow and hope the disability funds get here very very soon! (((hugs)))

Catsey Veteran

11-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom

So, I guess just go with the flow and hope the disability funds get here very very soon! (((hugs)))
That's pretty much been my thought as well. We're not married and it is HIS money so I guess I shouldn't bother over it. Although it feels weird...LOL.