Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-06-2010, 12:41 PM   #1

Tuesday, Tuesday

Afternoon all!

Well, we have had some rain and one of my water butts, the one that takes the rain off the roof is 2/3rds full. The other which only takes rain from half the greenhouse roof certainly has more in than before which isn't difficult because it was empty! It is a grey, windy day. I keep thinking it's brightening up but then we get another squall and it goes all grey again. OH has taken his mother out down to the harbour at Itchenor so hopefully it'll blow some of MIL's confusion away and she'll come back feeling better. On the other hand it just might buffet the sense she has left away - I'll find out later.

Pip has had the dervishers in him this morning - "wind up the bottom" time and has been racing about. He's gone out now and hopefully he'll come back a bit calmer too. Kizzy, bless, is fast asleep on the bed.

I have been sorting paperwork in the office and must get round to doing more tax stuff. I ordered some more files yesterday and with any luck that might help me get more organised. Onwards and upwards as they say.

I am thinking about Miss Fifi Fluff and Yola this morning and hope all is well.

Will check in again later. Have a good day everyone.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-06-2010, 01:47 PM   #2

Re: Tuesday, Tuesday

Its been threatening it all morning but its throwing a stormy one now, no thunder or ligtening but very dark and big drops of rain.I've done the cleaning, mam took Ceri down with her for the afternoon so I can go shopping in peace and grab a cuppa in the cafe if lucky.
Posh has not looked to go out , guess she sensed this rain coming. The Loc8ter alarm came this morning, so she is tagged and I'm ready to test it out. Works indoors anyway, so I'm hopeful.

Angie, hope the seaside trip gives MIL a good airing and she returns refreshed and happy.x
Yola, paws x'd for Fifi. xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #3

OH came down in the night to do some work (as he does) and Fifi n Balie were curled up together in the utility room fast asleep. Ahhhh

Weather is warming up a bit here, it's been raining a bit but the sun's also been out for a fair while. I'm in the office doing officy things but feeling really edgy and tearful. Probably the time of the month, nothing more sinister

Off to the vet tonight with Fi . . . I've been thinking that what I read to be strange behaviour might actually be normal behaviour. Maybe she's feeling more comfortable now hence moving around more and being more outgoing. Maybe she's been feeling unwell for a long time and I mistook her laziness for discomfort?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-06-2010, 02:02 PM   #4

Yola I never got any clues that Posh's teeth were bad until the decay was really set in and her mouth was stinky. Since the extractions she's little miss Colgate so could well be Miss Fi is back to normal, and then some

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
08-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #5

Hello everyone,
nice weather for Ducks isn't it
We're having problems getting Malaika out to wee, Basenjis are not good in rain and we are having to catch her and carry her into the garden but she's refusing to wee. Don't know what we will do in winter, we may have to build some sort of toilet shelter.
Tom and Jerry are all cozy on the bed, very sensible.
I have been to do a Tesco shop with my youngest son, everything away in the cupboards now.
Angie i hope your MIL comes back in a better frame of mind, it must be so difficult.
PP hope you enjoy your free time as well.
Yola, sorry to hear your feeling a bit tearful, hope everything goes well for Fifi.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #6

Your weather doesn't sound nice, wish I could send over the lovely sunny day here: 19 C (66 F) and breezy. Cooler than normal but a nice day to do the marketing; got Leia's favorites and another piece of that addictive chocolate mousse cake ... I should stay away from the Bakery Department there.

Hope MIL feels a bit more lucent after the trip, Angie. Shelley, sorry of this is a dumb question but can a dog ever be trained to use a (large!) litter box? PP, hope the locator works. Yola, thinking of you both today..

Stay dry all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
08-06-2010, 04:54 PM   #7

Oh Shelley! I share your pain trying to get a dog to wee Cocker spaniels love water, except that when it's falling fresh from above, Morgan hates being outside Last night he flatly refused to go out for a wee before bedtime just because there was a very slight bit of dampness in the air! So I went out with him and refused to let him in until he'd done something. 45 minutes we were out there but no cocker spaniel was going to best me!! I was a bit chilly when I got to bed though

Today we finally got some rain for the garden, did it have to happen on hairdresser's day though?

Hope MIL's trip out has been beneficial, Angie (both to her and more especially to you )

Fingers crossed all goes well at the vets later on Yola!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2010, 04:59 PM   #8

Well 7 weeks tomorrow and guess what I feel GREAT last week I was a little bit "flappy" like I had no confidence. Nothing major just a bit nervy...not like me.
This week I feel like I am back on top maybe it was the big 6 WEEK ....... landmark......anyhow feel good; and guess what I drove the car not far....my confidence was there from the off, met up and had coffee with a couple of friends.

Only out a couple of hours but no after effects feel great feet up now.

Also arranged a meal out for early next week with a few of the girls from work, that plus the check up visit to the consultant on Tuesday, and Cirque on Friday I am back in the land of calendars ....and having things to write on them; back to the land of the living almost.........but holding onto my hermit status for the moment .........because as soon as I came home I got straight back into my nightshirt and slippers.

I know bit by bit I am being dragged back into the World of the clothed and busy people but I am resisting going back too soon. Not back to work thats still weeks away and and still taking it easy. But nice to regain my independence ................not just the driving but beig able to go out and feel okay.

Hope everyone has had a good day.............I feel great. Oh by the way its raining here but I don't care.

And do you know what I think its down to you lot and your support, friendship and just plain old fashioned niceness.....so to you all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM   #9

Duplicated

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-06-2010, 06:47 PM   #10

Angie - love your diecription of Pip and "wind up his bottom" lol

Well boring day for me - work and then gym,

Glad you are feeling better Kazz