Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
07-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #1

Yesterday..

we made a trip to Oregon to look at a fish tank K was interested in (long story).
Anyway, we were essentially driving by my parent's house on the way back so we stopped in for a visit, here's some pics

Bella aka Beans, my mom's newest addition, she's darling

Me holding Burberry and Mom holding Bella. Burberry used to be my dog, I raised her from a pup and me and my ex fought over her in our divorce. My life was not very stable as was his and my mom stepped in and offered to keep her with her dogs. By the time my life settled down Burberry had really fallen in love with living with my parents and their dogs and my mom tearfully asked me if I wanted her back and I said "No she is happier with you". So we joke that I am her birth mom and my mom is her adoptive mom, lol. She still remembers me and gets really excited when I visit and kisses all over

Me and my mum

Me and my dad, he turns 75 this Wednesday

And while we were there my mom gave me the plaque she made for Tigger's grave (Tigger was her cat for a long time and I took him in when she became very allergic to his dander the last few years. He had to be put down to an inoperable tumor and it's complications)

A very long day we were traveling from 9:30 am until 1:30 am. I slept like 12 hours last night recovering, lol. But it was worth it to visit my family

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 01:52 AM   #2

Re: Yesterday..

Lovely to see you and your parents, Tink, and the dogs too. Very cute, what breed are they? Burberry is such an original name. And I love Tigger's plaque.Happy birthday to your Dad!!

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2010, 02:17 AM   #3

Burberry is a tri color short haired chi. I named her after the brand name Bella was thought to be a pom/chi but now we are thinking just a longhaired chi instead b/c of her tiny size. They also have a bichon frise/maltese mix named Princess

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #4

Thanks for sharing those pics of you and your parents and pretty doggies, Tink. It was a long day for you and I'm glad you managed to sleep well afterwards.

Tigger's plaque is lovely - did you Mom make it?

Happy Birthday to your Dad!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-06-2010, 12:27 PM   #5

Lovely happy family pics! Your folks and the dogs look very pleased to see you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM   #6

A happy animal-loving household, you are blessed Tink

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
07-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #7

Such lovely pics of you and your parents, Tink - the happiness of your day shines through. It's not hard to tell where you get your love of animals from either!

Love the plaque that your Mom made for Tigger.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
07-06-2010, 10:28 PM   #8

Lovely pictures Tink....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #9

Lovely happy pics, when i saw you with your mum i thought how much you look like her, then when i saw you with your dad i saw that you look like him too.
Hope your dad has a good birthday. My dad is 75 too.

Catsey Veteran

07-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #10

Thanks everyone! Shelley it is funny you say that I find it interesting because I always get mixed feedback on who I look like. I think I have my mom's face but my dad's eyes and lips and hair. When I was younger I was a lot like my mom but now the older I get the more and more I act like my dad!