Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
11-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #11

Re: Pilchard needs a home

Good luck to Pilchard in her new home....hope it all works out for her....

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Moggies
11-03-2006, 03:41 PM   #12

Well, teh poor thing hated being put in the carrier, and had weed in it on the way there (the people who were looking after her hadn't thought of putting newspaper in the carrier), so we had to wash the cat and the carrier as soon as we got there!! The first two weeks are going to be the biggest test, so will have to see.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
11-03-2006, 03:43 PM   #13

Fingers crossed

Almost a Veteran Member

15-03-2006, 10:45 AM   #14

Well, apparently the son has set off with allergies (which they didn't know about) and the husband's have flared up. They were going to try and just hoover more, but Pilchard is so scared of the hoover that she soils herself every time it is switched on, so it looks like she is coming back. I am going to reply tomorrow, to try and give me time to see if there are any other things they can do - she has only been there since SAturday, so part of me thinks they just need to give it a bit of time, the poor thing has had a lot on since Dec. The family who were looking after her dont have carpets, so they don't use a hoover.

Catsey Veteran

15-03-2006, 11:45 AM   #15

Aww thats a shame. Poor Pilchard

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
15-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #16

I am very allergic to animals and I have 4 cats and 2 dogs. It takes time but your body does become used to it -in the summer when all allergies are at there worst I just take anti histamine.
When I fostered Tippy Toes I was so bad with her I would have to leave the house just to get a breath - but I did get used to it. Although I understand not every-one is as mad as me

Other things to try are petal cleanse, or an air filter

I really hope things work out for Pilchard - my heart goes out for her

Almost a Veteran Member

16-03-2006, 05:17 PM   #17

I also have to take antihistamines all year round!! They know loads of tips, but the main ones include hoovering which the cat is petrified of!! They were told about PEtal Cleanse, and said they had used an allergy wipe on her.The woman who had her can't take her back now though, her husband is refusing (despite the fact he knew it was a foster situation), and Pilchard doesn't like other cats, and the rescue dont have separate pens as such, and I dont have a spare room. So not sure what is happening wiht her yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
16-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #18

Oh poor wee scone! How is Pilchard now? In cases like this I just want to offer a home. The thing is I have two cats and a dog so I guess it wouldn't work I'll keep everything crossed that you find a home for Pilchard.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: DSH & DLH Tabbies
17-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #19

Oh, how sad. Pilchard looks gorgeous and really deserves a good home, such a shame she doesn't like other cats.

Catsey Veteran

19-03-2006, 01:09 PM   #20

Aww thats such a shame. I hope Pilchard get some good news very soon and a happy home