Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-01-2007, 11:04 PM   #21

Re: English Villages....

Can't help that far south Moli and I suppose Yorkshire is too north for you. Good luck with the house hunt!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-01-2007, 11:10 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Can't help that far south Moli and I suppose Yorkshire is too north for you. Good luck with the house hunt!
Tbh, not really sure where we want to go, my family are all on the south coast, but do not really want to go down that far...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
04-01-2007, 11:14 PM   #23

Why not take a couple of weekends out drive down to the area your hubby work then vere off and see what village/town catches your eye? have bed and breakfast while there nice thing to do and first hand info see where you like and more to the point where you don't?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-01-2007, 11:22 PM   #24

Thats a good idea Kazz, at the moment he is still in Paris, his contract still has a while to run, we though if he stays in Paris at least if we live down there somewhere, it wouldn't take him so long to travel home each week...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
04-01-2007, 11:32 PM   #25

Move to France then Moli, lol!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
04-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgirl73
Move to France then Moli, lol!
Now there's a thought Moli

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-01-2007, 11:47 PM   #27

Oh la la .....oui oui !!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-01-2007, 10:29 AM   #28

I think you would love the new Forest Moli. http://www.hants.org.uk/newforest/ Ringwood is a nice little town. Verwood is smaller. There are tons of little villages. The place we went for our 'romantic getaway' last summer was near Romsey and that is a very very pretty and rural area but within reach of London. So, that's rural Hampshire.
Swindon to London is easily do-able, road or rail. Swindon is awful, but you don't have to go far outside to find the counrty. Or real Wiltshire - say around Salisbury. The train from Salisbury to Waterloo is less than an hour and a half.
But, as others have said, maybe rural Kent would be more practical for you. I haven't been there but I think some of the Kent coastal towns are gorgeous.
Very good hunting

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #29

Just thinking through this again -(I've been thinking about you a lot Moli and hoping you are OK) - I wonder if my suggestion about Salisbury is so stupid after all. If he came home Eurostar rather than flying, it's straight through Paris to Waterloo and then change platform at Waterloo and head out west? No driving whenhe comes home tired if you meet him at the station. Or get a taxi. Have a look at the train route from Waterloo to Salisbury and there are several very small places nearer London where the quick train stops. Olney is one, I'll try to think of others.

There's a great little cottage for sale in one of the Donheads (St Mary? St Andrew? who knows). If you go on the Rightmove site and search on Donhead there are only a few and you'll spot the super one. It has the River Nadder (stream really) in the garden!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-01-2007, 11:06 PM   #30

Had any further thoughts on this yet Moli? like DM I have been thinking of you too, worrying may be too strong a word maybe "I am concerned about you" would be more apt.

Hope all is well. Take care Karen