Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
13-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #31

Re: Are you a Turkey or a Goose

Definitely turkey here! Already bought and in the freezer, had chicken in the past or roast beef, but ever duck or goose, doesn't appeal to me. Think I'll try the goose fat for my roast potatoes though after hearing you all raving about it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-12-2006, 12:12 AM   #32

I bought some goose fat for the potatoes and tried it out on Sunday. Really delicious! It cost £2.95 for a jar in Tescos.

Fran, I have eaten duck many years ago and OH is very fond of it. I just can't help thinking of the ducks on the pond though!! Silly when I can eat turkey, chicken & beef! I feel much the same about lamb and can only think of those little lambs at springtime! Daft I know, wonder if anyone else feels like this?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
14-12-2006, 12:33 AM   #33

But you have just cooked with goose fat? Yes, I too think in springtime when I see all the lambs but when I buy the lamb or duck or whatever I try to forget where it comes from and try not to associate the meat on the supermarket shelves with what I know it is Strange I know but I wouldn't eat any meat if I pondered too long

At the end of the day, without getting into a veggie debate, animals were put on this earth for us to eat....Survival of the fittest, circle of life and all that

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
14-12-2006, 06:09 PM   #34

I know I cooked with the goose fat, but couldn't eat the goose!!! Told you it was irrational. I do wish I could be a veggie, don't quite agree with your last statement, but no I don't want a debate either. I admit I am hypocritical when it comes to eating meat! Strange beings we are sometimes.

Sorry, I have diverted from the original topic. Whatever meat or veggie dish you all have fro Christmas, enjoy!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
14-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #35

Were traditionally a Turkey family only this year were going for a chinese buffett with roast duck and pancakes.mmmmmmmmmmmm

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
14-12-2006, 06:38 PM   #36

We allways have a small entourage for christmas dinner so have to put on a variety of food This year we have turkey, a piece of beef and a small goose..think will probably knock something up with home 'potted' game too-maybe a pie or something not sure yet...it's quite 'traditional' foodwise here-everything fresh from the butchers, of course!
Goose has quite a nice flavour too it..i myself only ever have a little bit as oddly find it a very 'filling' meat.
N then 'bubble and squeak' from everything left over, for boxing day dinner