Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: moggy
04-02-2007, 12:27 AM   #1

Nighttime

Hi everyone,
I do wish some people would keep their cats in at night!
Where i live in east sussex there are lots of foxes and 2 nights a go i sat up for 2 hours watching 5 foxes watch 2 cats!
I was so scared something was going to happen to the cats, luckily the foxes ended up going away but i was so scared.
Foxes are known to attack cats.
I just wish people could be more responsible with their kittys.
How is everyone and puss cats?
Take care,
Louise xx

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 2 DSH and a Siamese
04-02-2007, 02:51 AM   #2

Re: Nighttime

Exactly why I won't let my cats out! So dangerous. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of them.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-02-2007, 03:08 AM   #3

Depends where you live and what the hazards are. I live in Washington, DC. two blocks from the park (woods) , where we do have foxes (also possums, raccoons and rabbits), and on a busy street which is also a bus route, so my cats are strictly indoors. My previous cats were harness trained and enjoyed going out for a walk, smelling new scents, watching birds, eating grass, etc. but have always felt it was too dangerous to let them roam.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
04-02-2007, 10:51 AM   #4

mine used to be out door cats, but since we moved to the flat, they have been indoor boys, i prefer it, unless our next move is really a safe area, then they will still be indoor fellas. (we are on the lookout for a move) tossup between hampshire (countryside) and derbyshire (edge of a small town peak district) so either way we are on the move

Catsey Junior

04-02-2007, 02:02 PM   #5

[quote=Kobster;338575]Exactly why I won't let my cats out! So dangerous. I couldn't live with myself if something happened to one of them.[/QUOTE

I just dont understand why people get pets then dont look after them

Catsey Junior

04-02-2007, 02:03 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Depends where you live and what the hazards are. I live in Washington, DC. two blocks from the park (woods) , where we do have foxes (also possums, raccoons and rabbits), and on a busy street which is also a bus route, so my cats are strictly indoors. My previous cats were harness trained and enjoyed going out for a walk, smelling new scents, watching birds, eating grass, etc. but have always felt it was too dangerous to let them roam.
Where i live we are opposite a woods with badgers, foxes and owls and foxes have been fighting with the cats,
Its just to dangerpous where we are.

Catsey Junior

04-02-2007, 02:07 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boys mum
mine used to be out door cats, but since we moved to the flat, they have been indoor boys, i prefer it, unless our next move is really a safe area, then they will still be indoor fellas. (we are on the lookout for a move) tossup between hampshire (countryside) and derbyshire (edge of a small town peak district) so either way we are on the move
Mine were outdoor cats but not through our choosing, previous owneres threw them out, I think its safer cats being indoors.
Good luck with looking for a place

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 cats
04-02-2007, 02:16 PM   #8

[quote=dreams;338688I just dont understand why people get pets then dont look after them[/quote]

I don't think allowing your cats to be out at night can be classed as not looking after them.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
04-02-2007, 02:45 PM   #9

I think it is people's own personal choice, I don't think you can class it as not looking after your pet if you allow it out at night.......

Here is a link to a thread we had on this subject just a week or so ago .......

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php...ut+at+night%3F

Catsey Junior

04-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgley
I don't think allowing your cats to be out at night can be classed as not looking after them.
I didn't mean by just allowing them out at night peope are not looking after them