Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2014, 12:28 PM   #1

Friday daily

Morning all ..... overcast here and has been wet overnight but not raining just now.

I can't believe that Eileen has been gone two years today. I still miss her loads and think about her a lot, even when I'm not on Catsey where of course her memory is strongest.

Monty has an appointment at the groomer at mid-day. His daddy will take him on his way to the driving range. I expect that he will get into trouble with the groomer because Monty's back legs are a bit matted. We did not ask for the sports cut last time as winter was coming, and have regretted it as Monty has the sort of fur that matts and collects all manner of stuff and even though he is washed over whenever necessary, he hoards it, poor lamb.

Dora, who cut her paw yesterday is better and not trailing blood today.

I will continue with the tunnel book today - getting on with it now but still don't think it's quite right. Still, first attempt.

Have a good day folks.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
24-01-2014, 05:46 PM   #2

Re: Friday daily

evening all.
Glad that Doras paw is ok ,Angie.
Been to work today and have just returned from a very wet dog walk, they hate it and so do i.
I've made a peg doll this afternoon as tomorrow i am going with friends to the north west doll club meeting in manchester. The competition is to make a peg doll.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
24-01-2014, 07:40 PM   #3

Evening all, sorry I'm late today!

Lovely of you to remember Eileen today Angie, she will always be the spirit of Catsey for me, a good soul, may she rest in peace.

Sorry that Dora's had a bad paw, hope that gets better soon.

Back from the vet's this evening, Pandy's wound drain is out, so the cone is off for the rest of this evening but the vet wants it to go back on tonight. She's been cleaning herself up, but she's resting now. Oh, and the vet gave her a micro lax enema to help her go, with a good result!

A piccie of the peg doll if ya can Shelley, sounds great! Used to make those when I was little with my nan.

Tipping down with rain here tonight, glad I'm staying in. Cooked up a lovely tea earlier but trying to watch my diet again as let it slip muchly since Christmas. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
24-01-2014, 09:17 PM   #4

PP, so glad to hear that Pandy's drain is out. Hope the healing now progresses well.

Yes, a photo of your peg doll would be good Shelley!

It's pouring with rain here again now. I hear that there are emergency measures being taken in parts of Somerset due to continued flooding.

Monty came back from the groomer looking like a very smart new boy but the groomer had found a couple of "lesion like" places on his legs and so it was off to the vet for us all ...... can't take any risks with this Alabama Rot scare just now. Luckily, the vet thinks that the spots are just where his fur had held on to mud and damp and so are really just abrasions. A couple of washes a day with hibiscrub prescribed and hopefully nothing to worry us further. We popped back to the groomer (next door to the vet) and told them, they appreciated being told the result.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
25-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #5

Phew that must have been a relief for you, Angie. You and the dogs have been on my mind since the news about this disease in the New Forest area. Hope Monty and Dora stay safe. x