Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
18-01-2014, 09:50 PM   #11

Re: Saturday, is it Saturday?

Elaine - Hello need to chat about Crufts weekend and meeting up.

Hope you enjoyed your day and that walk sounds great how is Raynes tummy etc now.
Anymore thoughts on getting another cat? and are you going to discover dogs at Crufts about your chosen breed to get info.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-01-2014, 10:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya Pamlea
You are braver than me letting Barney off not done that with Bella yet. Must admit with Bella being a Staff I am conscious of if she gets into a squabble..........

Hope you enjoyed your day do you fid you are enjoying being a dog owner then?

Hi kazz, I dont let him off, im too wary incase we meet other dogs or he runs. OH is the 1 that does. I must admit, I dont enjoy the wood walks when he is off. Its good seeing him have fun but I dont feel confident at all with it.

Iam enjoying being a dog owner now that he has stopped growling at me!! I must admit though, I am definitely a cat person more!!

There are soo many staff owners that arent as responsible as you. It would be great if more were like you. It was a staff off leash that attacked barney. I think they are nice dogs but some owners aren't responsible at all.

Catsey Veteran

18-01-2014, 11:58 PM   #13

Staffs are mostly one gear away from full throttle. Its for them to go into overdrive. I have always let my Staffs off lead if they were reasonably dog savvy but to be honest would not choose to walk off lead in a park or busy dog walking area - as not all dogs abide by rules or owners. So easier to stay on lead, unless you have a good view. However with Bella not sure of her recall yet when tested or what she has been allowed to get away with as she has a big interest in all small furies. Anyhow we have a lifetime to work on it and I will have it sussed by this time next year.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
19-01-2014, 09:20 AM   #14

Quote:
Elaine - Hello need to chat about Crufts weekend and meeting up.

Hope you enjoyed your day and that walk sounds great how is Raynes tummy etc now.
Anymore thoughts on getting another cat? and are you going to discover dogs at Crufts about your chosen breed to get info.
I booked the flights and tickets, my friend has booked the hotel and has chosen the cheapest, grubbiest place she could find, the only good reviews it has are about the Indian resteraunt which is attached to it.
Raynes tummy is fine for now, until the next flare up that is, but we manage it.
No more thoughts on another cat as yet, it'll happen when and if its right I reckon.
Yes, I'd like to go to discover dogs.

Quote:
Staffs are mostly one gear away from full throttle. Its for them to go into overdrive. I have always let my Staffs off lead if they were reasonably dog savvy but to be honest would not choose to walk off lead in a park or busy dog walking area - as not all dogs abide by rules or owners. So easier to stay on lead, unless you have a good view. However with Bella not sure of her recall yet when tested or what she has been allowed to get away with as she has a big interest in all small furies. Anyhow we have a lifetime to work on it and I will have it sussed by this time next year.
That's why I choose to walk where I do, plenty of wide open spaces that enables me to see whats ahead or behind. I like the space too, cannt stand feeling ambushed by people and dogs etc.

Catsey Veteran

19-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #15

Elaine will you send me a PM for the hotel name. Does your mate eat curry? or do you fancy a carvery sort of thing.

And that's a perfect way to describe how I hate to feel ambushed.