Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-01-2014, 11:39 AM   #1

Monday meanderings

Hi all, it's a slow news day here. The weather is a bit so-so, at least it's dry for now, patches of blue too so that's a bonus.

One of my fishes went to the big sea today, I noticed he was looking listless and sticking to the gravel, but yesterday he couldn't seem to swim about at all, like the fantail had been paralysed, took him out to a separate bowl and he went up-turtle, so I guess the swim bladder had gone. Poor little goldfish, didn't know what to do with him, checked out the aquarium website pages. Anyway, he's gone for a swim down the eternal river now as I was afraid the other fish may attack him.

Must crack on, lots to do around here while the going is good. See you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-01-2014, 11:51 AM   #2

Re: Monday meanderings

Morning P.P. and all to follow.

Sorry to hear about the fish but it happens. Enjoy the day.

Well I am awake and off to my Aunt's shortly measuring up for a new cooker and fridge/freezer she has a fridge but no freezer and with the last couple lots of bad weather plus her health and my her brother my Uncles health being not so good I feel she needs a freezer (if small) so she can keep in a box of faggots/peas/pie etc in if I am held up for a day. And she has a meal in. And the grill part of the cooker is not working ad she wants a high level grill this time. Because she can't bend so well now. Also want to sort her telephone out while I am there doing it from a distance is ridiculous will phone from the phone. And need to talk to the council about her path she finds the steps difficult from the bungalow to the street -hoping they will be able to sort it if not I will get it done privately. Same as the hand rail from the front door down the path. I find it odd the bungalow is that poor access anyhow as it is well was "warden controlled"
So off I go to sort out a few things and fight the council

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-01-2014, 01:04 PM   #3

Afternoon PP and Kazz - sunshine and showers here, was lovely a blue a few minutes ago but building for another shower in a mo I think, getting blacker over the back of Bill's mother's.

Sorry about the goldfishy, PP. I quite like the image of him or her swimming down the eternal river, sounds peaceful.

Kazz - good luck with the council. Many years ago I worked for an Occupational Therapist who used to do assessments of folks' needs in their homes, rails and other aids/adaptations. Don't know who you call these days though.

I am having second thoughts about my tunnel book ..... may have to make two! Thinking now about "I do like to be beside the seaside" and looking for old pictures of the bandstand at Bognor Regis (where I lived as a girl). Ordered some little acrylic stamps of seashells yesterday. Ah well, keeps me out of mischief!

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-01-2014, 05:13 PM   #4

Back again! Chores done, and time to sit back now.
I love that tunnel book idea, it's like a 3D picture if I'm imagining it correctly, Angie. It sounds an interesting project anyway
Kazz- you have taken your aunt under your wing and are sorting out life to make things easier for her and your uncle, that's very kind, I hope that the council assist you as much as they can. It is strange that the bungalow didn't have all that put in place already though. If you find the council are slow, as they often are, try using an agency like Help the Aged, they can often push through paperwork and such. There may be grants available to get the work done too.

My two remaining fish are missing their tank mate, but they are swimming around and look healthy so at least I'm happy about that. Reading up on the aquarium websites, I think I've been over feeding them, however they are cute and get all excited when I approach the tank. Will feed every other day now and vary the diet a bit more.

Hope you are having a good day out there, take care. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
13-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #5

evening all
sorry to hear about the fish, Nettie, it is upsetting
Karen, hope you dont have to battle too hard
Angie, what on earth is a tunnel book
Had a clean up and then went to visit my friend.
Her cat Rosie is doing well now but alas my friend not so
She has empysema and cpd and was talking about when she goes today, rather shocking and depressing.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
14-01-2014, 04:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelley123
Angie, what on earth is a tunnel book
Shelley - This is how I explained it for Kazz - a tunnel book ..... to my mind it is rather like a theatre stage set design in miniature, getting smaller with each archway and a backdrop at the back with some sort of scene. I have decided to do "Let's Go Fly a Kite" as an 80th anniversary tribute to the first publication of the first Mary Poppins book. I'll let you know how it goes (IF it does!)

So sorry to hear about your friend too.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
14-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #7

Angie, your book idea sounds great.
Keep us informed on progress