Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2014, 12:11 PM   #1

Wailing Wednesday

Well that is what poor Smudge did ALL the way to the vet for her glucose check, my ears are still ringing.
I'm now on my way to York crossing the Fens- there is a lot of water out there.
Take care everyone - hope all are well.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
08-01-2014, 01:30 PM   #2

Re: Wailing Wednesday

Afternoon. Just back from the vet; Ripsy is eating a bit again and drinking loads - obviously catching up! However, her gunky eyes haven't cleared up so I wanted the vet to have a look - good job too as she has herpes ulcers on her eyes for which I have a suitably eye-wateringly-priced medication + also some paste to help suppress the symptoms of the virus. The eye meds are the same as human (zovirax eye drops), which I have a prescription for and which I'll get from Boots as apparently it might be cheaper!

Vet said that it's a good job Rips started eating as the next step was hospitalization The up side is that she's lost 1/2 a kilo and is within a hundred or so grammes of her ideal weight.

I'll shortly be trailing the 2 boys into town to get the medication!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
08-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #3

Glad Ripsy in on the mend. Vet fees are staggering aren't they? I don't mind paying for the expertise of a highly trained vet or nurse but the mark up on drugs and food does seem high!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-01-2014, 02:30 PM   #4

Good afternoon CS and Yola and everyone

Glad to know Ripsy is on the mend and Screaming Lord Smudge is feeling good after a lung workout!

I hear you when you talk about vet med prices, I blame the drug companies, same as the NHS, they have us by the short n curlies, they know we have to pay it. It's such a shame though that unused meds can't be recycled, Posh had unopened meds which the vets wouldn't take back. I've hung on to them because I think its mad that some cat may benefit from them I won't throw my money away!
I have been recommended the I/D biscuits for Pandora but as both girls get Whiskas dental protection I don't want to fork out any more than I have to.

Had a dry morning but it's started raining again, this weather isn't helping my low mood, really need the night out with my girl friends tomorrow night, we always have a laugh.

Stay dry warm and cuddle your cat/s xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
08-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #5

Afternoon all ............... I hope that Smudge's meds can be balance to suit, she must have been so scared not understanding why she was going to the vet. I always wish there was a way of getting them to understand that they will be coming home again ..... Glad to hear that Ripsy is eating, interesting to know that human eye drops are used for cats. I agree about med prices, over £40 yesterday for Dora's boosters, with upgraded Leptospirosis vaccine with an additional booster in four weeks' time, but I think the price for that is all in, thank dog!

I've been sorting my calligraphy stuff out and getting my pens etc ready for the start of our new term tomorrow. I've got loads of ideas but I'm rubbish at starting things so being at class is helpful.

Enjoy your night out tomorrow PP! Do you suffer from SAD? I do find the natural lightbulbs really helpful and have them in my work lamps.

Have a good day/evening peeps, getting dark here now.

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2014, 06:40 PM   #6

The vet said that it is the drug companies who force the prices. The vet doesn't buy a huge amount of zovirax so the cost to the customer is in excess of £40. The same product from Boots is £16!! There's a £10 prescription charge whether you buy from vet or from Boots

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
08-01-2014, 07:07 PM   #7

Evening all a flying visit not long up and really tired.

Yola glad Ripsey is on the mend and I would go with Boots and ask the vet for a prescription for a few tubes just in case,

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
08-01-2014, 08:32 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh

Enjoy your night out tomorrow PP! Do you suffer from SAD? I do find the natural lightbulbs really helpful and have them in my work lamps.

Have a good day/evening peeps, getting dark here now.
It's a long standing serotonin imbalance Angie, and my hypothyroidism doesn't help. Yes I'm sure the weather affects me too. I try to get as much natural light as possible have a huge picture window in the living room. Thanks for showing you care though, that's nice

It's bucketing down again here tonight. Pandora gets cabin fever and she's gone out, Pearla is happy to chillax on the windowsill. I'm going to have a warm shower and change into my dressing gown and slippers and watch Midsomer Murders with a small glass of Baileys.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
08-01-2014, 08:52 PM   #9

Hello everyone!!
It's been so long! My poor old laptop died but I got a lovely shiny new one for Christmas which is now all set up and working!
I've missed heaps of news and events I'm sure! Sorry to hear some puss cats have been poorly, fingers crossed everyone is feeling better soon.
Our gang is all fine and due to expand with another 2-legged child at the end of March-not sure how the 4-legged kids will feel about that, let alone Erin!

Liz x

Catsey Veteran

08-01-2014, 10:20 PM   #10

Oh Liz, that's fantastic news! I'm sure Erin will be a bit confused, a bit excited and a bit threatened. However much you try to prepare them for a sibling, they eventually find their own way through the emotional muddle.

My two have a love/hate relationship but on the whole achieve a really good 'buddy' balance 95% of the time