Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: burmese cross
03-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #1

masie staying away

hi all can anyone help me masie my burmese cross had kittens in the summer and we kept one little boy called paddy,so we had masie spade, and now she wont come in the house and if she see's paddy she spits at him, im so worried now that winter is coming what can i do .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
03-11-2009, 11:09 PM   #2

Re: masie staying away

Hello and welcome. Is there anyway you could put paddy into a different room. Has she recentley being speyed as that might be a cause of it. My cat also a maise had a litter in the summer and we are keeping them all and she is fine with them she just attacks the others if they fight. I know aggresion does happen with mother and kittens as my neighbour has the same problem.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2009, 02:52 AM   #3

Hi, Randa, Does she stay outside all the time but come in for meals? Is Paddy outside too? I don't think the spaying had anything to do with her aggression to her son now. Does she seem to be in good health otherwise? How old is Paddy now? Need a little more info before speculating .....

Cats owned: burmese cross
04-11-2009, 09:35 AM   #4

hi paddy is 7 months now and very big ,he is out side but comes in when he wants through the cat flap ,masie has the same option but i dont see her in at all and i dont think she is coming in for food ,but i see her out side and she is all over me and looks in good health ,do you think someone is feeding her ? thank you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
04-11-2009, 05:01 PM   #5

That's a definite possibility if she's looking well and healthy. Have you tried bringing her in and closing the cat flap? Are you offering her food outside? How is Paddy reacting when she threatens him? If she were inside I'd suggest trying a Feliway diffuser to calm her and Paddy; that does take a while to be effective; no good if she won't stay indoors. I do wonder if she had some sort of bad experience indoors with him and that has put her off being inside...???? Quite a puzzle.