Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: domestic mixed breeds
25-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #11

Re: long time sprayer - NOTHING WORKS!

No, my husband takes great care of all the "kids" - dogs and cats - so while I was gone he was fine. No trauma other than me, his "mom" leaving him for only a week, but long enough to make him think he was abandoned and start marking his territory. I will check out Pam Johnson. Taking Skyler to the vet Monday for complete physical work up to rule out (again) any physical issues. As far as more meds, I'm tending to not want to go that route anymore - three years is long enough for this child to have his brain chemically altered. So I'll work on alternative methods - whatever I can afford.
Yes, he's gorgeous. So is his brother (the other photo), but he doesn't have these issues and is a mellow cat - who is terrorized by Skyler when Skyler gets anxious - then aggressive and spraying. Thanks for your help.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Birman
28-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #12

Re: long time sprayer - NOTHING WORKS!

Hi, everyone,

Following this avidly! My cat Paloma sprayed about a year ago in the lounge, then stopped. I went away for a few days, came back and lo and behold she sprayed in the hall at the front door and over the draught excluder. Is this my punishment for going away?! My other half looked after her but I am the one who feeds her and makes a fuss of her, which I did when I returned but perhaps it was not enough. Any ideas? Again, she is a fussy eater!

Scilla