Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
13-08-2018, 11:04 PM   #1

I'm back....YoooHooo

Good evening everyone.

I am back some of you may not know me at all and those who do should not immediately run for the hills...............give me a chance to drive you away laughing....... .................seriously I apologise for my absence however life has changed and somewhere along the line catsey fell out of my sights. I think I must be the longest standing member without a cat. My darling Cleo passed 2007 so that 11 years ago, and Oscar 2006. Good Lord where has the time gone.

Anyhow onto now a little update for you all.

My Dad passed away Nov 24th 2015, my Mom is still pottering altough now blind due to dry macular degeneration and now has early stage memory loss no diagnosis yet and we are not trying for one as she will be 86 this year and happy as larry when well. I now work 24 hours a week due to Mom's health really.
No cats now however we have a young Staffordshire Bull Terrier bitch (ever known me have anything else) she is 3 and a rescue called Gertie.......although Mom calls her Buster who knows why but gert obligingly answers to that.

How are you all? Where are you all? Pamela looks like you have been holding the fort pretty much single handed with able assistance from Dinky..............Hello both.

Catsey Veteran

13-08-2018, 11:05 PM   #2

Re: I'm back....YoooHooo

Will pop back tomorrow evening as work tomorrow and took me a good couple of months to get my password reset no idea why..............but I have and HELLO

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-08-2018, 06:14 PM   #3

Kazz, SO lovely to see you. I'm so pleased you're here and that you are well. Last time I remember you having some health scares so was naturally worried at the long radio silence.

Lots happened here too, Myshka is still with me, although old and arthritic and on permanent meds for pancreatitis. My boys are now HUGE with the older one taller than me. Still living where I was although I now work for the local office of a West Mids based co (headquartered up near where Smugdely lives), and there might be the posibility that I will relocate up that way too at some point next year.

Most people here have migrated over to the social media platform of choice for keeping in touch so there's not much happening here any more unfortunately but I'm flippin' pleased I decided to pop in.

Look forward to hearing more about Gertie x

Catsey Veteran

14-08-2018, 09:19 PM   #4

Hey yeah health now stable and happy with life. So pleased to hear the lads have grown up thought they would. I figured a lot of people had transfered to other medias.

How fantastic you popped on will attempt to find you on social media.

So pleased Myshka is still pottering........likewise I am flipping pleased you decided to pop on.......I was recalling the other day how busy this site was with Eileens quiz............the whole kit and caboodal.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
15-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #5

Hi Kazz and welcome back. Lovely to hear from you again and I'm thrilled that you have returned.Congratulations on the addition of Gertie. She must be beautiful and I'd love to see a photo of her if you get the chance.(Love the name by the way).

You are so lucky to have your mum with you and I know you must treasure her. I, too, looked after my mum and dad before they passed away and we had great times together. I am sorry for the loss of your dad though.

I still have my 5 kitties, my English Mastiff dog and my wee budgie and life is pretty much the same for us all- still trying to make ends meet !!!

Glad all is well with you Kazz...........................Dinky.

Catsey Veteran

15-08-2018, 08:55 PM   #6

Hiya Dinky

Lovely to hear from you and yes I do treasure Mom she said the other day to my brother I do not need wrapping in cotton wool...................

Will try and post a picture of Gert, had a great day here weather a bit cooler and finished work at 1pm came home took Gert out then came home and then took Mom out for a nice coffe/tea in the local nice pub watching the swans

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
16-08-2018, 07:28 PM   #7

hi kazz, nice to see you

sorry to hear about your dads passing, i do hope your mum is ok. She will be glad to have you about so much even if she doesnt want wrapped in cotton wool!

Yola, lovely to hear from you as well, gad the boys are doing well.

My lot are good. Kaz ive probably added to my brood since you were last here. i have a brittany called Mia who is a rescue and now very lively compared to the terrified wee dog she was when we got her. I also got married nearly 2 year go and bought a house!

Dinky and i have tried to keep the forum alive. een if its jut been the 2 of us for a while!
so glad to see people saying hello!!

Catsey Veteran

16-08-2018, 07:39 PM   #8

Hello married lady.

Many congratulations on your wedding.

You have done well keeping it going, although I think browsing it is on the downward turn maybe we should try for a fortnightly get together...........

A house owner too, what area? and Mia sounds gorgeous.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
18-08-2018, 09:07 AM   #9

thanks Kazz. stil in cumbernauld just got a house now with a garden instead of our flat.

Mia is beautiful. she is orange and white roan. great natured too.

Harris has started going out to which is such a worry but he has been desperate to get out and escaped through my kitchen window a few times so he is now allowed to go out and he comes back in through the window. Skye has no interest in going out. she is a total house cat and still a mummies girl!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #10

Hello Kazz I hope you are well, it's good to hear from you again. So sorry to hear you have lost your Dad a few years ago. So pleased you still have you mum with you ..... I remember the photo you once posted of both your mum and dad together - was it at a flower show? They looked a lovely happy couple and well suited.

Cassie has been gone 2 years now but she hasn't been replaced.

I expect your lovely garden has been blooming this year in our sunny summer

It's lovely to see Yolo here too.