Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
08-12-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

Friday

Morning everyone, just back from a very cold 2mile walk with the dogs this morning!

I have a day off work today as i am using up holidays before i move to my new department shortly. Got a busy day ahead of me. Got the opticians which i am walking to as i want to see if i can get there without my car as i am thinking of selling it as i dont use it. Then coming home and putting my christms tree up

OH came to scent work class tonight, i usually just take Mia but he came along with Barney. Barney was the star of the night!! Such a clever boy

Dinky how are your furbabies doing? Is it summer where you are just now? Been thinking of you as you havent posted in a while.

Hope your all ok x

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
08-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #2

Re: Friday

Hi Pamela and all Catsey members.I hope everyone is fine during the busy time before xmas. Pamela, I would give anything for a bit of your cold weather. Here, it is summer of course, but the temperatures have been uncharacteristically high over the last few days. It got up to 38 degrees C yesterday and I was at work with no air con.We all left early as it was impossible to concentrate.Today, Saturday morning, it is meant to get to 31-33 so still pretty hot ,but at least I have the air con on in the lounge and can keep that room cool. My dog cannot handle these temperatures but she has her kool collar on 24/7 at the moment and lies on her cool mat to sleep.My cats have more sense and have discovered the coolness of the new floor tiles in the bathroom They all lie stretched out on them. I have a bowl of water for them in the shower so they tend to live in the bathroom these days and only come out to use the litter box and eat.I can't take them outside during the day as the sun is far too intense and they would get sunburnt. They go out about 10pm when it is a bit cooler and love to chase the wee moths on the lawn.

No more quakes yesterday . i think it's too hot even for them !!!!!

Pamela, i do hope that new job works out well for you. Another exciting move, eh? Will that be before xmas? I also have a car that I don't use. Been thinking of maybe trading it in on something smaller but am undecided on what to do. Our Christchurch roads are in bad condition due to quake damage and I just take the bus to and from work each day now.

Haven't put my xmas tree up yet.It's always fun doing it, isn't it. so I bet your looking forward to it.Hope the optician isn't too far away. At least you'll get warm walking.

You must be so proud of Mia and Barney.You've put in a great deal of time with them but the rewards must be great for you.I do hope your furbabies are doing well also and staying nice and warm.

My cousin is coming around soon and we will go out to lunch somewhere, as we usually do on Saturday. I just fancy a chinese meal but I'll see what she would like.I may even put my xmas tree up this afternoon. You have got me motivated, Pamela.Still haven't wrapped up a jolly thing in the present line. I come home from work exhausted from the heat and collapse in my arm chair. Boy, roll on winter !!! .Lucky for me, my youngest daughter, Janna, who is at home with me, has finished school for the year, so she does the tea for us both, otherwise I don't know what I'd do.

Well Pamela, I do hope you and your furbabies have a lovely day. Enjoy your day off and lots of luck with that xmas tree.

Hope all Catsey kitties and their guardians are well and happy.