Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Cats owned: tabby longhair and snowshoe siamese
18-06-2015, 05:35 PM   #1

Diarrhea help needed please (repeat condition

I have a tabby long hair that is 8 years old that has had urinary tract infection, the vet prescribed science diet UT which she has been eating for pas two years. I got a snowshoe Siamese which is 1 year old. This cat eats EVO brand and the add half of EVO with science diet as older cat wants EVO brand.
The science diet manages the urinary tract where she never gets constipated anymore with bloody stool.
Well one month ago both cats had diarrhea and the vet tested stools for parasites. I had to administer a antibiotic and another pasty medicine. By day three both cats scattered whenever they saw me as they hated the medicine. They had hard stools by day 5. My young cat has always scooted her rearend on my bedspread also. I know this is a lot of stuff, but need any input. I am bringing them to vet in few days for yearly checkup. I was searching on internet and there is so much stuff out there, I read that the cats should only be prescribed science diet UT for short period? I also read it could be bacterial or fungal?
I would like input on following?
1. Does Diar eze on allergic pet.com work?
2. Best cat food ?
3. best flea control for indoor cats?
4. my young cat likes to kill and eat flies, will this cause problems?

Thanks for any input.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
18-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #2

Re: Diarrhea help needed please (repeat condition

Hi and welcome to catsey
sorry haven't heard of the items in question 1
As for cat food, we always fed ours a mixture of wet and dry foods. There are comparison sites to find the best foods, you need to learn how to read labels.
Our vet recommends advocate or stronghold for flea control and treat the carpets, particularly around the edges
Not sure about flies, i've seen cats do it to, horrible isn't it.
I would imagine the odd one doesn't do much harm but again you could google it

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 4 moggies and 1 ragdoll
19-06-2015, 11:21 PM   #3

Hi bjean. I have a Ragdoll who gets a bad tummy so he is fed on Sanabelle Sensitive Digestion dry food, Greenwoods Encore, Almo or any other good quality fish based or chicken based wet food. It must be grain free for him. I get it online.

We use Advantage for flea control on all the animals.

Our youngest cat, Huggins, eats flies but I don't use fly spray, I use stick fly papers. He hasn't had any ill effects, neither has any of my other cats who have eaten flies. I had a cat, Bilbo, who caught flies and passed them to his buddy Sam for him to eat.

Don't know about Diareze.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 5 DSH. 2 DLH
23-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #4

We have 3 cats with sensitive digestions. ProPlan Delicate controls the diarrhea
We use Advocate
Ours regularly catch flies, spiders, beetles etc & eat them with no ill effect