Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
20-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #1

Asthma attack while resting

This evening, Ebony's asthma flared up while she was curled up on the bed (with Tigger), Ebony had one of her tablets but it didn't seem to work this time so I had to use the asthma mask even though it stresses Ebony out.

Ebony's now made herself scarce upstairs, should I get her booked in for another vet trip? I don't want to put her back onto the mask for her meds because that tends to make her asthma attacks worse.

Normally her tablets get it back under control but today it made no difference to the attack.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
21-01-2015, 09:53 AM   #2

Re: Asthma attack while resting

Sorry to hear about Ebony's asthma attack, Phoenix. My late Nala also had bad asthma and like Ebony, had a special cat spacer to help her. She hated it. I'm sorry I have no suggestions to help you, but I do know what you are going through. Poor Ebony.I am thinking of you both.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-01-2015, 01:58 PM   #3

I think it would be worth taking Ebony back to the vet. Being asthmatic myself I understand how distressing this must be for Ebony and for you to watch her. I wonder what could have triggered the attack ... maybe she has an infection.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
22-01-2015, 07:33 PM   #4

oh dear sorry to hear this, i'm sorry i have no experience to offer you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
31-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #5

We think having visitors triggers it, she's having to use the mask because that's what the vet wants (I spoke to her on the phone), Ebony's seeing the vet in a couple of weeks (the vet wants to see how she does on just the mask before I take her back in)