Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-10-2013, 06:36 PM   #1

Tuppence

You only lived with us for a brief time but what a big gap you have left.
Know that we will love and miss you always; hopefully you are better now and reunited with your brothers Tom and Jerry.
Such a sweet, pretty girl, you knew how to wrap us around your tiny paws.
When you first moved in you had a cardboard box, lined with a fleece for your bed, at Christmas we treated you to a lovely soft white fleecy cat nest, you hated it and refused to use it or even go near the spot in the room where it had been. You found a new place to rest and eventually took over the new log basket. You lived mostly upstairs as you weren’t used to dogs. However after the summer holidays you decided that you wanted to stay in the kitchen and you wanted your bed right in front of the food cupboard, which made it very awkward to access. But that was you, you knew your own mind and if your humans had to manoeuvre around you, so be it.
You enjoyed your food and let us know if you felt it had been stood too long, you knew we wanted to give you only the best. As soon as you heard us getting up in the morning you cried for your breakfast, then you cried for your dinner and so on. You finally had someone who took notice of you and boy did you make us jump through hoops.
How you enjoyed the catnip growing in a pot outside, you rolled around in it, squashing it to smithereens. One of your favourite places in the garden was under the hydrangea bush, you could often be found relaxing in the shade.
You enjoyed lying on the drive in front of the car and were never in a hurry to get out of the way when we wanted to set off or get back on the drive. You made us wait until you were ready to move.
Feisty would be another word to describe you, we were allowed to stroke you for a short while until you got bored, then you would hiss and strike out. You did give us plenty of loving head butts and purrs as well.
I hope you enjoyed your time with us, Tuppence.
We certainly enjoyed you being our Cat, thank you.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-10-2013, 07:04 PM   #2

Re: Tuppence

That's a lovely tribute Shelley. I know how hard it is to write up your thoughts and memories, I bet you shed a tear. So many treasured times together and little things to make you smile, she was a very lucky little cat, worth a thousand or more tuppences to you

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-10-2013, 07:47 PM   #3

A lovely tribute to a particular little character. Bless you and your family for caring for her and bless you, Tuppence - having had love and care will make it easier for you on your onward journey. Farewell sweetie.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
07-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #4

beautiful tribute to a beautiful girl x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
07-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #5

What lovely memories of a beautiful girl x

Catsey Veteran

08-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #6

thank you............................

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
12-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #7

So very sorry RIP Tuppence

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
14-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #8

What a beautiful tribute, she certainly sounds like a most special cat. I hope things are starting to be a little easier for you now Shelley and the pain of loosing Tuppence is not quite so raw.

Catsey Veteran

14-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #9

thank you everyone.
Yes Yola, things are a little easier but i still expect her to be around.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Birman.
10-11-2013, 10:10 AM   #10

They never really leave you do they Shelley.
Your tribute brought a tear to my eyes, very touching. I love that you put her 1st Just how it should be, of course! She was certainly spoilt and very much loved.