Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengal
09-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #71

Re: Free range or not?

Yes I think so ST

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Bengals
Sweeney Todd is Male
09-05-2008, 06:59 PM   #72

I knew i wouldn't get away with the cat having a cig..

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
18-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #73

Interesting debate; thank you.

I honestly never tell the difference either; I don' t find the chickens from the supermarket fatty either... But maybe regs are different here in Ireland. Certainly regs got tightened up after the horse meat affair here.

For me as a pensioner it is cost and the cost here of organic is very high. I stopped bothering with meat due to cost and very occasionally buy eg liver if it is in the reduced section at Tesco. Fish is beyond my reach. Coffee and toast and cereals are great food!

Oh I also have M.E Long term and many food issues with that

Way back I was self sufficient; hens, a goat etc and I still grow my own veg etc

It is not that I do not care but that these are thing I can do nothing about and I have to eat and feed my cats and dogs and I hate pet food junk

Yesterday I got a 1.5 chicken, reduced in Tesco for under E4; cats and dogs get legs wings and carcase raw and I will fry the breast meat and make soup also with some. I did not read the label. Here a free range bird will be around E14 and the price difference re eggs is as bad

Uh oh; riot downstairs as collie has seen CAT

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Two rescues and one feral
18-09-2013, 03:43 PM   #74

Please do not think I do not care; just is that there is nothing I or anyone else can d until and unless the law is changed and no amount of shunning by a few will sort that. On one forum I got attacked for saying that I took in ex-battery birds as that was condemned as supporting the batteries

So rather than be horrified at those of us who cannot tell the difference and cannot afford to buy free range lobby the govt etc

It is however not viable to have food for all without some form if intensive farming.