Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-10-2005, 09:48 AM   #11

Re: How did you get your first cat?

really?
I thought that had been stopped - I would get in touch with the RSPCA and report them I really don't think its allowed any more.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
03-10-2005, 09:51 AM   #12

Is it a recent change then as I was under the impression that as long as they had a license they could sell kittens?? Not that I agree with it but I thought that they could

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 5 moggies
03-10-2005, 10:01 AM   #13

I was reading in a trade magazine how a lot of pet shop owners wanted to bring back having puppies and kittens to sell because it brought in money for them

I thought it had been stopped - maybe just in Scotland?

There is no way the animals can be properly looked after in a pet shop - I remember the horror stories of some-one who worked in a pet shop that used to sell kittens and puppies.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
24-11-2005, 07:59 PM   #14

I decided to get a cat as I had separated from my husband and was lonely when the kids went to their dads. I felt I could offer a loving home for a cat as I had plenty of time at home to spend with it. Never could have cats before because my ex was allergic to them.

Got Chloe from an advert from a lady whose cat had had some kittens. After a few months I was offered a kitten "for free" from a friend of a friend. When I went to see the kittens I was angry at how the kids in the house were treating the kittens and the lack of cleanliness and decided there and then i would save one! Misty came home and Chloe hated her for days, but gradually got used to her. They get on all right now, they chase and play but also appreciate their own space.

Although Misty was free she ended up costing more than Chloe as she needed vetinary help as she had infections of the eyes and her breathing was a bit bad so she ended up costing a fortune at the vets for appointments and treatment.

Still, wouldnt have it any other way.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 3 Moggies
24-11-2005, 09:17 PM   #15

My first cat came from my MIL. I hadn't long had a miscarriage and we had been to my MIL's when I saw this gorgeous ginger and white kitten. Being semi-ferral she wasn't easy to catch but my inlaws caught her and put her inside for a few days. I thought it was because she was ill but my OH had told them that I had taken a fancy to her and so they had caught her especially for me.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
24-11-2005, 09:32 PM   #16

Ahhh that was nice Nae!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggys
05-12-2005, 10:52 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emm
really?
I thought that had been stopped - I would get in touch with the RSPCA and report them I really don't think its allowed any more.

WERE I COME FROM THEY HAVE TO HAVE SPECIAL LISCENCE TO SELL KITTENS IN THERE SHOP WHICH THEY HAVE TO PAY FOR BUT I STILL DONT THINK ITS RIGHT.