Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2007, 11:03 PM   #31

Re: Ipods

That's a good idea Eileen, there is bound to be lots of info on them.....it's like tackling the unknown isn't it

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
21-06-2007, 07:28 AM   #32

I know nothing about ipods except that Tom has a video one and Em has a pink one But what has crossed my mind reading through this thread is, if you are not on Broadband, wouldn't it take ages to download tracks onto your pc from the internet??

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2007, 07:37 AM   #33

Regarding the speakers, Em has a hi fi in her bedroom that has an ipod port on it, so she can play her ipod through the hi-fi...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
21-06-2007, 08:38 AM   #34

Listen - if I can do it anyone can!
And the little speakers you get to go with them are amazingly good.
That said, I use mine very rarely - plane journeys etc. I don't really like music (or speech - plenty of radio podcasts available) 'straight into my ears'.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
21-06-2007, 08:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I know nothing about ipods except that Tom has a video one and Em has a pink one But what has crossed my mind reading through this thread is, if you are not on Broadband, wouldn't it take ages to download tracks onto your pc from the internet??

I asked Tom that last night if you needed Broadband Fran and he said "No"

Catsey Veteran

21-06-2007, 11:05 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
[/b]
I asked Tom that last night if you needed Broadband Fran and he said "No"

Well I don't think you would need to have Broadband, you should still be able to download tracks on dial-up but I'm wondering if you don't have it how long it would take to download tracks. I should imagine it would take rather a long time

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
21-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #37

I know I'm late joining in, but I have to say that I have an iPod too and I love it!!!!!

It's great for holidays and travelling and going to the gym. Also I have an iTrip, which means that I can play it through the radio too (either in the car or at home on my stereo).

My ex also had some kind of gadget that meant he could plug it into the TV and listen to it through the TV speakers

I say "go for it"!!!

I only use iTunes for my music, which I know probably isn't the cheapest option, but it is the easiest and I'm downright lazy!!! lol

I have also uploaded all my CD's onto my laptop and then onto my iPod - so I have all those to listen to too.

It's great for audiobooks too Eileen!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-06-2007, 03:59 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
Well I don't think you would need to have Broadband, you should still be able to download tracks on dial-up but I'm wondering if you don't have it how long it would take to download tracks. I should imagine it would take rather a long time
Fran, I download stuff that takes a long time after dinner, when it's the wee small hours there and there's no one to chat to! Except the spiders! Not that I download much. I do Photobucket stuff after dinner also, as that is very slow, I much prefer the Catsey resizer/uploader, but sometimes the pics are too big, so am forced to use PB.
I found a good tutorial on how to use iPod last night; quite involved so I just bookmarked it to read today in leisure. Thank all for your helpful comments!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
29-07-2007, 02:17 PM   #39

Well I finally splashed out on a 4gb Silver Ipod Nano, also got the radio with it as well, very impressed so far

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
29-07-2007, 03:09 PM   #40

Very good aren't they!! I love mine hehe!