Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Mogs/Siamese/Orientals
Tom is Male
20-06-2007, 10:13 PM   #21

Re: Ipods

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Eileen, I think it is that simple, from what Erin says you can also download your music from Limewire and transfer this to your Ipod - A friend has just told me that it is very easy to transfer your music to the ipod.
Yep thats true... but it gets complicated how u actually get the music on.. Either by Sync or by copy and paste and Itunes can get very complicated..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #22

I thought I'd saved those PMs to and from Luke re the iPod, but discover I'd deleted them. I've forgotten now what the obstacle seemed to be...this was last year ...maybe someone here when she/he has a minute could describe step by step what you do once you have it and are ready to download (upload?) to the iPod...I'd appreciate it...

Catsey Veteran

Tom is Male
20-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #23

when you have purchased the ipod, it will come with a disk in which you have to put into your computer and install the software (itunes) when all is done you will be able to import your music by file add file from and select your music from file.. optionally you can buy and download the music from the itunes store 79 p ish a track... then you can connect your ipod and there should be some onscreen instrusctions on what to do to setup your ipod.. then you should be able to 'sync' your ipod which will basically transfer all your music to your ipod.

That should be it.. i don't know if thats exactly how you do it as i got my ipod ages ago and installed it but its along those kind of lines

Tom xx

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2007, 10:26 PM   #24

OKaay, Tom. that doesn't sound too bad! Maybe I'll get my nerve up (you know only too well how skittish I am about trying new things on the computer!!) and come into the new world of music. What's the least complicated, fewest bells-and-whistles model of iPod?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #25

Tom, do you need Broadband ?

Catsey Veteran

Tom is Male
20-06-2007, 10:35 PM   #26

Hehe good luck!! xx

Catsey Veteran

Tom is Male
20-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
No Mags

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2007, 10:41 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
Are you thinking of getting one, Mags?

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
20-06-2007, 10:46 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Are you thinking of getting one, Mags?
No not in the near future Eileen but I was following your chat on here and just wondered if it was necessary to have Broadband as I'm sure you said you didn't have it... I think you should go for your Ipod, have confidence...remember how you were scared of Firefox at one time You can do it Eileen if you set your mind to it, I know you can

Catsey Veteran

20-06-2007, 10:59 PM   #30

Lord yes, Mags, I was really nervous about Firefox, and then about having to install some software to use my new camera...I am such a wimp! But did manage to do both of them and so very glad I did. It would be nice to have just your favorite music on an iPod to listen to...I hate earphones, would use it with speakers in the house...I always have music on. the radio or CDs. Maybe I'll go on line after dinner and do a little research.......the more you know about something the less scary it is.....