Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
06-11-2010, 10:58 AM   #1

Saturday daily

Morning all.

Flying visit here. Seem to have loads of energy and loads to get done....cleaned out kitchen cupboards last night while doing my tea of baked beans on toast.
Brought a car yesterday, no idea whats up with me it almost as if I have changed my list of priorities in life. And feel so good, Lord knows. Maybe its being in a World of not grey but "something" for years now....and now feel Good. I try not to come across as "grey" but a happy zesty lemon.............and most of the time thats true but at the moment I feel so confident/sure its as if my effort (unkowingly) has worked and I NOW feel the same as I try to make myself think I do...THAT makes any sense to anyone let me know.

Katies birthday went so well I could have jumped for joy If I get my camera back (off her) I will upload some pics.

Off to do some "cupboard stock" shopping as I always let it run down in the run up to Christmas almost out tins of stuff etc. Still got to buy a tumble dryer must make that a priority today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhow..............need to find a name for a robin who has appeared in the garden. Think this one is a female so maybe Chirpy. given how I feel.

Have an excellent day all off out now see you all later,.......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2010, 12:49 PM   #2

Re: Saturday daily

Zesty Lemon sounds good , Kazz.
I do know what you mean, in Yoga we are often asked to visualise ourselves surrounded by a colour. We all have an aura apparently and chakras through out the body that have corresponding colours. Sometimes we are asked to breath in the colour and breath it out around the body for energy. Who knows if it works but it's worth a try.
I was relieved to see neighbours cat in her usual position on our settee this morning. We wanted to bring them both in last night for safety and she's gone missing.
Off to dog training now, Malaika starts her Silver course today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #3

I am so glad you feel so zesty, Kazz. What you say does make sense. I admit to feeling rather envious and wish you could bottle some of your fizzzzzz!

It was sunshine and showers earlier, but the cloud is building now. Still doesn't seem to be chillier as forecast yet.

I have emailed some Harley photos to MIL's hairdresser just now - she comes into contact with lots of people and is cat friendly herself, so hopefully she may be able to help to find young Harley a new home.

I am up to date with Downton Abbey now, so no catch up to watch this afternoon. Not sure what I'm going to do really!

Enjoy your day people.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
06-11-2010, 03:18 PM   #4

Hi all - the day is not sure what to do. Spent two hours this morning in pouring rain giving the chooks a good clean out, trying to cover some of the muddier bits with wod chip and hardcore, did a good job but I was soaked through.

As soon as I got inside and dry the sun came out and it was lovely for an hour or two. Now wet and windy.

Gutted utility room today and it looks the better for it. Made big pot of veg soup. However, back has now decided enough is enough so having a break.

Kazz - you sound very chirpy today. It is great to hear you. Which mag did a Tumble Dryer review top were Bosch, Miele and Siemens but John Lewis was up there too.

Hope Malaika behaves herself and pays attention!

Angie, I do hope a home is found for Harley soon, although he is probably quite happy knowing he has a warm dry bed whenever he wants.

Trying to decide what to have for dinner.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
06-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #5

It being the first Saturday of the month Farnham Maltings market was on. I was sorely tempted by a lovely silver ladle but resisted it. I also saw a very nice gold bracelet that I thought was better quality than the one I have that needs mending, it was certainly a lot heavier as it is older. I got chatting to the stall holder who thought it probably wasn't worth spending over £ 100 on repairing mine and asked me to find out what mine weighs and he'll tell me if I'm being offered a good deal for it. Obviously he wanted me to buy from him but I'll get a couple of valuations and see him again next month.

It's a real mix of lovely blue skies and showers today. The local firework display is on tonight, it's a fair distance from our house so shouldn't disturb us too much but I expect there'll also be a few back-garden firework parties going on so we'll need to make sure the kitties are indoors tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 domestic short haired
06-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #6

been a busy saturday for us today. Cleared out the garage ith 4 big runs to the tip, got the fish tanks to clean out, a cabinet in the livingroom to do, then shopping, dinner and x-factor and of course time to play with harris!! Keeping us on our toes today!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #7

A lovely Autumn day if you like it chilly: cloudless blue skies, not windy, 6 C (43 F). I'm in Winter mode, wool hat, long underwear, should have worn gloves. November is already 4 degrees below normal. To the market, didn't need the library today (and when I got home found an e-mail notice that my cat book hold was in! and I was only a block away, had I known that!) We change to Standard time tonight, an extra hour sleep Sunday!

Kazz, so glad you're in such excellent spirits... and so busy! Hope Malaika does well, Shelley. CM, sorry you got soaked and the back is acting up, but know the chooks must be grateful for your work. Pamela, busy day for you too. MrsH, you may be surprised at the gold prices: I decided not to have my old one with a broken clasp fixed, and sold it: got $229.00, more than I expected! Angie, fingers crossed the hairdresser will come up with some leads rehoming Harley.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
06-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #8

Evening all.
Malaika was a star in class today, i am so proud of her
Bit upset though because she couldn't do her bronze assessment last month due to being in season. Found out today that the silver/gold/bronze assessments are held on the same day and Dogs can only do one at a time.
This means that at the end of silver she will have to do her bronze. The trainer then wants us to go for gold which i'm not sure about, it would mean she would do her silver assessment at the end of the gold course and we would still need to do the gold assessment at the end of another course. Because the trainers show there are weeks in between classes and the whole thing drags on.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
06-11-2010, 07:47 PM   #9

"Morning", all (it's nearly noon here )
Just waking up as I was up into the wee hours catching up on some chores!
Vet went great yesterday though the tech did mention Monkey was a bit "feisty" when she gave him his injection, can't say I blame him for that Vet pulled me aside to ask how Zero was doing and was very pleased about how he's fitting into our home as she'd been thinking about him
Yesterday after my morning Catsey, I noticed I hadn't seen Hestia for breakfast which was odd. Checked all her normal spots and not there. K awoke late into the afternoon and said he'd not seen her but admitted he had been hauling some things in from outside in the wee hours doing one of his projects and it was possible she could have slipped out early morning. Not long before we left to make our vet appt., K went to take out some trash and she was sitting there again at the door looking quite pleased with herself again. At least she comes home, I suppose
Overcast, 48 degrees. Rain is supposed to get heavy later in the afternoon and then we're not supposed to see dry ground for quite a bit according to forecast. They're predicting a harsh winter and I agree as last winter was so pleasantly mild I'm sure we're in for it this year, lol.
Have a good day, all. Hug all the Catsey kitties for me

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #10

Oh Tink, that Hestia!! What an escape artist; her coven must have been meeting last night! Seriously, glad she comes back, possibly the horrid weather will make her less likely to scarper. Glad Monkey got his shot OK.