Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM   #1

Windy Wednesday

Been outside and it's very blowy, so much so that I had to move and anchor my little greenhouse down. Could be a good washing day but it's too unpredictable, mizzle rain now

Talking of wind, cabbage for dinner and beef casserole & dumplings. Staying put today. Lots to do inside the house.

Hoping that Fifi continues to improve and that she comes home soon, and That all our furkids are safe and happy.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
03-11-2010, 02:38 PM   #2

Re: Windy Wednesday

Hi PP - and everyone who follows. It is certainly blowing up for something here and the sky is darkening by the minute. We have all had a lovely morning, OH, MIL and I went for a walk at Prinstead and down to the pond to watch the birds. Saw a couple of avocets which was lovely and I followed a curlew in flight with the binoculars. The sun was warm and there was a warm wind, in fact it was just gorgeous but by the time we turned around to come back to the car, the wind had turned chilly and the clouds were gathering. All home now and having our lunch. MIL seemed to be in good spirits and although she got very cold, was happy enough. She will never ever ask for anything or say anything like "my hands are very cold". We must remember to take gloves for her next time.

Some office work this afternoon and a bit of paper tidying. Have a good day everyone.

Hope to see some of you at the QUIZ TONIGHT!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2010, 03:25 PM   #3

Afternoon peeps.
PP talking of dumplingsi has some for my tea last night at my mum and dads. Mum made a lovely veg broth with them in.
Angie glad you, O/H and MIL enjoyed your walk.
Youngest son Chris came with me to the park today to meet some of malaika's friends.
Must have a scurry round now and tidy up, then i'm going to relax and watch Dickensons, have a bit of a soar throat and need to take it easy.
Just finished the quiz questions and hope to see some of you there tonight around 8.15pm.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2010, 04:23 PM   #4

Hi, all. Some sunshine mixed with clouds and still way below normal: 8 C (46 F). rain coming laster in the afternoon, sigh. No errands, just did a few chores, paid bills and straightened out a problem with the library... they were showing a book overdue that had been returned. Very annoyed at the election results...

Dumplings! Haven't had them in a while, maybe chicken and dumplings for Sunday dinner? I like Wednesdays: pizza night and the quiz!

Stay warm and dry.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-11-2010, 06:04 PM   #5

Hello, all.
Bright and dry here today at 54 degrees. Supposed to stay that way tomorrow too, come Friday the soggy rain will return.
Made spaghetti and cornbread last night. Lots of leftover spaghetti but K ate all the cornbread during the night while I was sleeping I only had two small pieces with dinner! Our schedules are backwards again, he's only gone to bed an hour ago. Ah well, I'll probably get more done that way anyhow
Payday today, not sure if I want to go out and do anything or not. Usual two cups of coffee is not doing it's magic yet..will have to make a stronger pot. Wonder if it's because I started my new meds regime last night..
Got my super deal of a book yesterday in the post "All My Patients are Under the Bed" (anecdotes from a veterinarian specializing in house calls for cats). Enjoying it so far
Have a good day, all ...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
03-11-2010, 06:23 PM   #6

Wooohoo!!! quiz tonight, I will be there....

Work for me today and then home - hubby is away until tomorrow so I am going to chil tonight.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #7

Tink your book sound realy good , some of the best books involving cats are by Derek Longden, they actualy make me laugh out loud which is rare
I got my childhood book today 'Little house in the woods'
I wouldn't mind the recipe for corn bread it sounds delicious.
Off to Yoga now then back for the quiz, hope i've got the balance of questions right.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #8

That must be really good cornbread, Tink! Did KY get her share?

Going to check the library for that book.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
03-11-2010, 08:19 PM   #9

Lol, it is just the jiffy mix kind where you add eggs and milk. I think K likes it because I melt butter on top with honey when they're out of the oven
Kuan Yin got a tad from my plate last night, just a few small pieces. However, last night, K forgot how much she loves it and left out the paper baking cups they were baked in so she'd been playing with those this morning
Going to look up Derek Longden now..