Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
07-06-2010, 02:03 PM   #1

Monday, Monday

Took Ceri for a haircut to the barbers this morning, number 1 razor all over, very quick. Heard some tragic news there though, seems local boy and Welsh legend Stuart Cable, ex-drummer of the Stereophonics has been found dead. He lives about 3 miles from me, the Welsh band are well known nationally but Stuart left them some years ago and pursued a career in radio/presenting. He was suposed to interview Tom Jones today on the occassion of his 70th birthday. To die so tragically young is very rock'n'roll, but I feel sad for his old mum and young son.

Funny old day here, threatened rain but not much fallen grey skies and a bit cooler.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #2

Re: Monday, Monday

Still hasn't rained here, we had a very short (is 3 minutes!) light shower yesterday and about 6 drops fell on us while we were dog-walking after lunch. Must make sure OH waters the calendulas as they're in quite a dusty spot. The garden could definitely do with some rain but on the plus side at least we don't bring a smelly. muddy dog back home after his walks!

So quiet here today now that the schools are back after half-term break. No youngsters next door bouncing up and down on their trampoline!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-06-2010, 03:48 PM   #3

MrsH, thankfully our garden nor that of our neighbours is big enough for a trampoline - I really dislike them!

Nette - I read about the stereophonics guy. You're right, a real waste It seems the band did a really big reunion gig in Cardiff last night and they think that might have tipped him over the edge.

Here it is grey but not especially wet nor cold. Back in the office but feeling a bit flat for some reason, was really looking forward to being back amongst adults but actually suspect I'd rather be at home with children!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 04:23 PM   #4

Hi, all. Sunny but unseasonably cool after the front passed thru yesterday: average high is 27 C, this morning it's only 19 C (67 F); feels rather chilly after our lovely pre-July weather! No tank top today! No errands to run so a lie in, some household chores, watered the veg bed ( .03" rain yesterday) , chopped more rampant vines and just pottering.

Hope it's a good day for all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
07-06-2010, 04:39 PM   #5

Hello all,
PP my O/H has just had a numner 1 all over, i've told him i don't like it but he still had it done. Hope it grows again soon
Work for me again this morning, am job seeking at the mo as my contract finishes in July.
Brief Dog walk by the river before we got rained off, Malaika doesn't do rain and had to be lifted out of the car on our return as she was reluctant out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
07-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #6

BBBBBrrrrrrrrr! Chilly today and still NO RAIN here.

I have made friends of a sort with our B&W stray with the squiffy ears. He let me stroke him this morning. He is very talkative and quite a friendly fellow. Intact though. He has a very dusty coat and a bit of a lumpy head - any idea what that could be? I must talk to my next door neighbour and see if she found out where he comes from. Daren't leave open doors/windows as he is very cheeky. Neither of my two seem that put out. Pip does his impression of a Rhodesian ridgeback, but they don't seem set on aggression. Kizzy was scared to start with, but seems fairly unconcerned now unless she meets him unexpectedly.

OH is playing a lateish round of golf, so I am MIL sitting until around 8 this evening. She was in one heck of a strop yesterday and although still confused today, seems a bit more placid, thank goodness.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #7

Oh I love that expression: Rhodesian ridgeback impression!! Describes it exactly!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
07-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #8

I read about Stuart Cable - very sad, only 40

Yola, I know exactly what you mean!! I went back to work today after half-term. I had a very lively, but extremely likeable 9 year old foster lad to stay over the holiday, so I spent the week at zoos, farms, museums, etc, when really I would rather have spent some time curled up with my book! Couldn't get into work mode today though, and feeling rather down. Keep thinking about Sasha, and missing my daughter who is in South Africa until Saturday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM   #9

Evening all

Still okay here, see you all tomorrow.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
07-06-2010, 09:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Evening all

Still okay here, see you all tomorrow.
Evening Karen! Exciting day I see . . . Hope all's well.