Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
30-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #1

Sort-of-sunny Sunday

G'morning, it's very chilly here today and I have a wicked sore throat. I know I have boxes of strepsils here some where but do you think I can find them when I want them ??

Been up since 7.30 hoping to see any signs but no. I don't believe she will come back home now, not by herself, just praying she'll be found/ handed into a vet or rescue centre. If not, well, I must have faith in God that he knows what's best for us all.

Elaine, I hope Rayne is better today.

See you later. x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-05-2010, 09:46 AM   #2

Re: Sort-of-sunny Sunday

Looks like a sunshine and showers day today. Been up since 7am and am counting the minutes till I call the vets re one of my bunnies... Twinkle has been seriously ill for a week now and my own vets recommended PTS. I couldnt believe it so took her for second opinion, where the new vet is much more optimistic...

Other than maybe collecting Twinkle from the vets, the usual shopping (possibly), washing, housework sort of day.

Still keeping fingers crossed for you PP that she turns up x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
30-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #3

Morning PP - morning all, well mixture of gardening and housework today!!

Weather doesn't look great but hopefully it will stay dry enough for me to go outside for a bit.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #4

Morning all, it's chucking it down up here but on the up side, Rayne is feeling more ike her usual self again.

PP, please dont be disheartened, has there been any more sightings of her? Still praying for a happy return xxxx

Donna, I hope Twinkle get better very soon xxx

EmmaG, hope it brightens up for you, doesnt look like it will here.

Had planned to cut the grass and maybe head off to the DAWGS day out at Haddow Park but the weather has put a dampner on that so not sure what we will do today now.

Have a good day every one xxx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
30-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #5

Morning all. Nette, I am still really hopeful that Posh will come home - I just keep thinking about Chester and his safe return after 6 weeks. Something to try to hold on to. Go find those Strepsils! Sorry about Twinkle, Donna. Hope your bun is OK. Glad to hear that Rayne is feeling better Elaine.

Sort of blue and white day today, nice when the sun comes out. I am going to try and get some planting done today and if it rains, I've some potting up in the greenhouse.

Will have to try and stay off the computer because the fan has gone kaput and I got an overheating warning last night. I've put in a call to my wizard, but not sure when he'll get back to me, bank holiday and all.

Off to the farm shop in a minute to get some eggs and bacon for tomorrow's breakfast. We do like to celebrate a bank holiday with a cooked brekkie.

Have a good day all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
30-05-2010, 11:29 AM   #6

Morning all

Donna glad you are feeling more upbeat about Twinkle, what did you gut tell you I am a great believer in what you feel as to what the vet says, in some cases.

Nette still feel confident about Posh, and who expects a posh puss to return any other way than in chauffer driven style

Emma it the weather to either garden, shop or watch the TV/read/listen to music its never the weather to do housework....

Elaine glad the pup is better, thing with pups they are quick to fall but quicker to recover.

Angie cooked breakfast sounds great may join you in one of those......I have discovered American hash browns in my breakfast menu......yummy.

Anyhow feeling good today, not doing anything as per usual lately however..I have become Spainish now and living life with the manana way of life..... later will do.

Have a good day all.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
30-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #7

Hi, thought I'd join in because I'm having a very slow start today- a bit hungover.

I hope Posh turns up and Twinkle perks up- is she in stasis.

We were at a wedding reception last night, good fun and lots of dancing, can barely walk today and drank too much. Think I will have a gentle day cleaning the house and Mike can do the mucky stuff as he was driving last night so has a clear head. Its horrible wet and cold here today anyway, so all the animals just want to eat and be warm.
We had Unathe rat PTS on Friday, so her friends look a bit lost, so I'll clean them out and rearrange the cage so they have something else to think about.
Hope everybody has a nice sunday.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
30-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #8

Afternoon everyone, windy here today but good enough for me to get to the car boot, thank goodness, otherwise i get withdrawal symptoms
PP sorry to hear you have a soar throat, Honey is supposed to be good, it has antibacterial properties, especialy Manuka.
Elaine, glad Rayne is getting better.
Donna, hope Twinkle is ok.
Farthing , sorry to hear about the loss of Una.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
30-05-2010, 01:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
Hi, thought I'd join in because I'm having a very slow start today- a bit hungover.

I hope Posh turns up and Twinkle perks up- is she in stasis.

We were at a wedding reception last night, good fun and lots of dancing, can barely walk today and drank too much. Think I will have a gentle day cleaning the house and Mike can do the mucky stuff as he was driving last night so has a clear head. Its horrible wet and cold here today anyway, so all the animals just want to eat and be warm.
We had Unathe rat PTS on Friday, so her friends look a bit lost, so I'll clean them out and rearrange the cage so they have something else to think about.
Hope everybody has a nice sunday.
Yes she is.. I think she has tooth problems causing the statis. My vets said PTS. I disagreed as she was not looking like she wanted to go. Vet has stabalised the statis and I go back Tuesday pm to see the next step. There is a long thread on RU about her.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #10

Hi, all! Couldn't ask for a nicer day: 26 C (78 F), brilliant sunshine and a nice breeze, looks to be another like it for the holiday tomorrow! Good, because we often get a rainy spell at the first real Summer holiday. To the market, got a lovely swordfish steak and fresh cauliflower for dinner; may eat on the porch as it's so nice.

Sorry some are having gloomy weather, hope it improves for tomorrow. Angie, how annoying about the fan! Kazz, I love your theory that no weather is good housekeeping weather, also your manana idea! Elaine, glad the pup is perkier; Donna, hope Twinkle will be OK. Shelley, have fun at the boot sale; Farthing, sorry about Una. PP, hope your throat improves, and don't give up on Posh!

Enjoy the day, all.