Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
17-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #1

Daily Thread - Sunday

Hope Mags doesn't mind me starting the daily thread, being as it hasn't been started yet!

Morning everyone, it's sunny but cloudy and threatening rain today. I'm not going to be doing much today, just got back in from work and I'll be having a lazy day of it today.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #2

Re: Daily Thread - Sunday

Morning (well, afternoon )

I've been to do a class this morning; an 0830 start and boy do my poor aching muscles know it I've also since been into town and got a few remaining presents for Dominik for his birthday on Wednesday. Sorted the remainder of Sebi's too as his birthday's only 2 weeks afer Domi's!!

The sun is shining nicely here, cats are airing in the garden and I'm about to join them.

I hope the weather's holding out for Mags' break in Devon and Smudgely's on IoW . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
17-08-2008, 12:30 PM   #3

Afternoon all! Mags is on hols now so thanks for starting the daily thread RCR
It's dry here today thank goodness, yesterday was AWFUL I was working outside all day and got soaked to the skin.
Home alone today as OH has gone to a bird show. I'm going to pack a few sandwiches and drive up to the mountains and just sit in the car. Need a change of scenery and fresh air. Posh and Bronnie are asleep and chillin out. Good for them. I feel like I just need some battery recharging.
See you later.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #4

Hi, all! Our strong of glorious sunny cool (for August - 24C) days continues, so does the lack of rain! My neighbor was outside watering when I got back from the market and we had a moan about the dry conditions and how horrendous this month's water bills are going to be... ! The tomatoes are looking poorly; apparently the City water with its chlorine and flouride, etc. doesn't suit them as well as rain water..??

PP: the mountain picnic sounds so refreshing wish I could join you!

Enjoy today, Monday cometh!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
17-08-2008, 05:46 PM   #5

Hi all! Had a fun day shopping with my sister, buying supplies for my latest nappy 'cake'. I'm making it for her boss who's just had a baby boy-I'll post some pics later.
Some new little additions to the household today, I'll try and get some pics of them too later.
Relaxing with a cuppa, watching come dine with me. I love this show.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
17-08-2008, 07:07 PM   #6

"New little additions" PL??? How exciting - what sort of little additions are they????

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2008, 08:00 PM   #7

A fish tank for Imogen to watch???

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
17-08-2008, 08:19 PM   #8

Phew, this puppy-rearing is tough, you really need eyes in the back of your head!

I'm sorry to say that the cats are not taking well to the new addition. Last night they refused to come in, we left the cat-flap unlocked but they stayed out all night even though it was raining quite heavily by 3.00am. On the bright side, it's very early days and at least they were persuaded to come in for breakfast (not that they're eating much at all, I think it's part of their protest)

They've spent all day in their beds on the landing, occasionally looking down to observe the puppy from afar but they obviously feel quite disturbed by the presence of this stranger. I'm sure they'll come round to an acceptance of him eventually, meantime they're getting lots of extra attention (when we can find them that is!)

Catsey Veteran

17-08-2008, 08:41 PM   #9

It is a big change for them, but they'll come around in their own time, I'm sure. And the extra TLC won't hurt .......