Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: cross breed
05-06-2009, 10:22 PM   #11

Re: When to stop??

I said "no more cats" when i had to have my soulmate Harry (always known as chunks) PTS due to renal failure.
Then i found out that a cruel neighbour had let her cat have another litter of kittens...she showed them to me and they were in such bad shape i took them on the spot.
I was actually quite annoyed with myself for "giving in" as i had planned some holidays etc.which with a cat to care for would not be possible but 9 months later i am so glad that i have my little girls..in particular the little disabled girl who would certainly have died if left were she was.
So give yourself some time after your little one passes on then start looking at rescues for another "friend"

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
05-06-2009, 10:26 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstone
I said "no more cats" when i had to have my soulmate Harry (always known as chunks) PTS due to renal failure.
Then i found out that a cruel neighbour had let her cat have another litter of kittens...she showed them to me and they were in such bad shape i took them on the spot.
I was actually quite annoyed with myself for "giving in" as i had planned some holidays etc.which with a cat to care for would not be possible but 9 months later i am so glad that i have my little girls..in particular the little disabled girl who would certainly have died if left were she was.
So give yourself some time after your little one passes on then start looking at rescues for another "friend"
So sorry to hear that Chunks passed away xxx

Catsey Junior

05-06-2009, 10:27 PM   #13

smokeytopaz...if you look closely at the RSPCA advert they only say they will "try" to find a home for your pet should you pop your clogs..I have been told that they often PTS as they do not bother to try to find homes.... they just want the donations.
Personally i would not give them a penny after what happened to a friend of mine (long story)

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2009, 10:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstone
smokeytopaz...if you look closely at the RSPCA advert they only say they will "try" to find a home for your pet should you pop your clogs..I have been told that they often PTS as they do not bother to try to find homes.... they just want the donations.
Personally i would not give them a penny after what happened to a friend of mine (long story)
Have to agree with you that I wouldnt trust them with my door mat, never mind what i consider to be my flesh and blood.

Catsey Junior

05-06-2009, 10:33 PM   #15

Thanks for thinking of my Chunks..he was the most wonderful pussy..he had 6 toes on all his feet and was known as the "witches" cat..he was black and HUGE..I had his brother too! Archie was even bigger and was often mistaken for a black panther when he was prowling round the garden..my vet was amazed when he saw Archie as he was the biggest cat he had ever seen..he was quite upset that i had had him neutered as he reckoned that he would have made a good stud cat ( i am against breeding BTW)
He too succomed to renal failure a year before my Chunks.
I was so upset that i felt i could not cope with having to go through mourning another puss but now have 3 more.

Catsey Junior

05-06-2009, 10:38 PM   #16

Agree with you there Elaine..I hate RSPCA they are useless..I reported the neighbours who had my kitties..they had four un-neutered cats (2 males 2 females)they were starved,filthy and crawling with fleas yet the inspector found nothing wrong.

Catsey Veteran

05-06-2009, 10:41 PM   #17

I've had similar experiences with the SSPCA too.

I'd love to see pics of Archie and Chunks(if it's not too painful), the kittens too please.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
06-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #18

OMG - if not the RSPCA then where do you suggest, I am not planning to kick this mortal coil yet but having had one heart attack I am only too aware of our mortality. I reasoned with myself (and of course agreed with myself) that I could have cats again if I made long term plans for their future. So now what?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I have a provision in my will for my cat{s) when I go ........
Can I be nosey and ask what/how? OH and I tried to put something in our Will when we had it redone and the solicitor said it wouldn't work. Perhaps we need to research it better before trying again.

(and especially after what's been said above about RSPCA - although I appreciate US animal welfare may be different.)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Can I be nosey and ask what/how? OH and I tried to put something in our Will when we had it redone and the solicitor said it wouldn't work. Perhaps we need to research it better before trying again.

(and especially after what's been said above about RSPCA - although I appreciate US animal welfare may be different.)
My close friend Carolyn is my executor and I completely trust her to follow my request to see that the cat{s} will be taken care of. I have no idea if that is a legally binding request, although the attorney didn't say anything to indicate that it wasn't.