Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
29-05-2009, 07:45 PM   #1

Cabrio Pet Cargo Carrier

Has anyone got one of these? I have been fancying one of those but I have not heard anyone who has one.

I am thinking of getting a top loading carrier, as Tigger is very hard to load, and I am thinking she may be easier in one of these.

For those of you unfamiliar with it, it is this one:-

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.a...327&pf_id=5536

(and yes, I have read the comments on that site!)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #2

Re: Cabrio Pet Cargo Carrier

It looks really nice. However, I have always had probs putting my cats in the top. They splay out their legs and turn into starfish. Usually have to end up putting them in head first through the front door while carrier on its side.

The one I have now has both top and front opening.

I find this really good, esp for vet visits. The vet or myself can lift the cat out using the top door. After examination the cat is usually delighted to go back in the front door.

If I can find a pic I'll post a link.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
29-05-2009, 09:31 PM   #3

http://www.petsathome.com/find/categ...duct-is-V00558

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
29-05-2009, 09:45 PM   #4

I have one and it's super and brilliant and the best carrier I ever had. JMO of course!

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 x DSH, all FIV+
29-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #5

Thanks. The trouble with Tigger is that she is an awful wriggler. She wriggles when she is having a fuss, vet visits (she wriggled when the vet was giving her the booster this year) and also if you are too long giving her tablet when worming (fortunately she swallows straight away). I can only clip two paws at a time because she wriggles out of me (and anyone else) holding her after a while.

Anyway, when it comes to putting her in the carrier she wriggles and puts her feet out. She literally pushes against the side and currently the only way to get her in is to have a small pushing match, which neither of us like. I have two carriers, one is slightly smaller (but is big enough size wise for her) than the other. One measures 57cm x 38cm x 38cm and the other measures 55cm x 36cm x 33cm. She has to travel in the smaller, as my other cat cannot fit in the other. I took to her booster in the larger one of the two and she was no better! Both are side opening rather than top opening.

So really I was thinking that perhaps a top loader was better.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
29-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #6

That is a really nice looking carrier. I don't think it would work for Leia, she's be out of it before I could lose the top. I use the tried and true method: upend the carrier, put cat in face down and slam the door!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
30-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #7

I have found the best way is to up end the carrier, and drop cat in backside first..and close the door fast..the look on there faces is something to behold..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
30-05-2009, 03:38 PM   #8

I have two of these carriers as they are ideal for taking cats to the cat shows. However, what i would say is they are not very big, so if you have biggish cats, you may be better with a larger carrier

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
30-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
I have found the best way is to up end the carrier, and drop cat in backside first..and close the door fast..the look on there faces is something to behold..
Thats how i do it too I also have a top loader which makes it easier to get the Diva into.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I have two of these carriers as they are ideal for taking cats to the cat shows. However, what i would say is they are not very big, so if you have biggish cats, you may be better with a larger carrier
I looked at those carriers but as Fran has said they are too small if you have a cat the size of Eva.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Owned BY Bubbles & Fizz (fem dsh)
01-06-2009, 07:34 AM   #10

I have to agree with the bum first method Neither of mine will go in headfirst without risking serious injury to them, me, or the carrier. The carrier I have is a front loader so just tip the box up on it's end, slide cat in feet first and voila, boxed but surprised and grumpy cat