Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-05-2009, 09:24 PM   #11

Re: Putting two together

I'm soooo happy to hear the latest news!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #12

Pleased to hear things are looking better...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
06-05-2009, 09:30 PM   #13

Sounds like they are going toi get on fine, I have one who is very aloof and one who is extremely friendly, its a good combination....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
06-05-2009, 10:28 PM   #14

Sooooo glad to hear that the freindship between them is coming along nicely, my gut feeling is that they are going to be OK

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
07-05-2009, 12:59 PM   #15

sounds like they are coming along nicely... keep up the good work

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: Havana brown, Bengal
09-05-2009, 09:56 PM   #16

Well Rajah has been here for nine/ten days and all I can say is that he is the most enthusiastic cat I have ever known. He does everything BIG. He plays big he dances big, he is hugely busy in the litter tray - and he luvs ya big too.

Koko is not overwhelmed, she is totally in charge and puts him in his place very quickly. She is not in the least frightened of him. In fact she is more frightened of humans than she is of this boy who is twice her size. She plays coy then swipes him when he least expects, smiles nicely and prances away! He has had his bum bit more than once!

She has got more confident and allows strokes and chin tickling (only at her pleasure) and he just wallows in strokes and ear tickling.

Are they friends? Well at the moment it is more a battle for social heirarchy than a bid for friendship. I however am chief mamma and they both know it.

So maybe they will end up friends. Right now they still have their wary moments. I still split them up at bedtime, more for my time of rest than their pleasure but there you go.

Catsey Junior

09-05-2009, 09:57 PM   #17

Phew - no worries now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM   #18

This has turned out so much better than I'd expected! I was really worried how Koko was going to react...what good news ST!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
11-05-2009, 08:17 AM   #19

That is such good news ST glad that things are settling down, I just love happy endings

Catsey Junior

13-05-2009, 01:44 PM   #20

They are beginning to get on or at least accept each other. Our biggest bone of contention is the cat bed, which Koko would not use before and now they both want it and it isn't big enough for two! Squawks of indignation and often it gets pulled off the chest it sits on, complete with the cat it happens to contain at the time.

Koko has taken his love of strokes and sits beside me purring now and he is a little less bouncy as she has shown him his place more than once, but all in all settling down nicely!!

Isn't this nice? I was sitting reading last night, and suddenly became aware of an undercurrent of noise, two happy cats one on each side of me dozing and purring like little outboard motors!